Monday, February 11, 2008

Episode 19

CAMILLE comes to see her boyfriend FRANK after they'd been arguing.

(SHERRY walks out of FRANK's bedroom and opens the front door.)

SHERRY - Oh...uh hi.

(CAMILLE looks at the door to make sure she knocked on the right one.)

CAMILLE - Is Frank here?

SHERRY - Yeah, come on in.

(SHERRY lets CAMILLE in.)

SHERRY - Frank, somebody is here to see you.

FRANK - Oh yeah?

(CAMILLE turns to SHERRY.)

CAMILLE - Hi, I'm Camille. And you are?

SHERRY - Oh I'm Sherry. Nice to meet you. I live next door.

CAMILLE - Oh okay. Nice to meet you.

(FRANK comes out and sees CAMILLE.)

FRANK - Camille?

SHERRY - Hey Frank, is this one of your...friends?

FRANK thinks - Damn!

(CAMILLE looks at SHERRY awkwardly then at FRANK.)

FRANK - No, this is my girl. Camille, this is Sherry my next door...

CAMILLE - We met.

(silence)

SHERRY - Oh...um...I'm sorry...

(SHERRY places both hands over her mouth in embarrassment.)

SHERRY - Never mind me girl, I'm so silly. I didn't know. My bad.

CAMILLE - Don't sweat it.

(silence)

(CAMILLE is looking at FRANK, and then back at SHERRY.)

FRANK - Oh, um, Sherry is waiting for her roommate Lisa to get back. She's uh locked out.

CAMILLE - Uh huh.

SHERRY - Yeah, she'll be here in like another minute. I just spoke with her.

CAMILLE - Uh huh.

(silence)

(The three are all just standing around.)

FRANK - Um...

(silence)

(FRANK looks at SHERRY.)

(silence)

SHERRY - Oh...do you two...wanna be...alone or something?

(CAMILLE just sighs and walks into FRANK's room.)

FRANK thinks - Damn, not I gotta hear about this shit!

SHERRY whispers - Did I get you in trouble?

FRANK - Naw, don't worry about it.

SHERRY - I'm sorry, maybe I should say something to your girlfriend.

(FRANK laughs.)

FRANK - Naw, you've done enough.

SHERRY - Well I'll wait for Lisa in the hall then. She should be here in any second.

FRANK - Okay.

SHERRY - Tell Nick hi, thanks again.

FRANK - No problem.

SHERRY - Bye Camille! Nice meeting you!

CAMILLE - Take care!

(FRANK opens the door.)

FRANK - Talk to ya later.

SHERRY - Bye.

(FRANK closes the door as SHERRY walks out. He looks back toward his room.)

FRANK thinks - Damn!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GWEN and CALVIN arrive back at GWEN's dorm. They rushed from the happy hour when the fight broke out.

GWEN - Home sweet home.

CALVIN - You can say that again!

GWEN - You wanna come in for a few minutes?

CALVIN - Sure, thanks.

GWEN - I know its been a long night and you must be tired.

CALVIN - I'm okay. I just wanted to make sure we got out of there okay. That mess got ugly.

GWEN - Yeah it did. Did you see Robbie's face? His nose was all bloody.

CALVIN - I didn't see anybody in particular. I was just trying to get you out.

GWEN - Well thanks.

CALVIN - Oh you don't have to thank me.

(They sit down.)

GWEN - It's sad that frats get into fights like that, ya know?

CALVIN - Yeah, I know.

GWEN - I mean, I don't know why that is. It just seems so stupid to me.

CALVIN - Yeah it is.

GWEN - What does that solve? I mean, really. Is there anything at all resolved from fighting? And to fight along organization lines is just ridiculous.

CALVIN - Yeah.

GWEN - Like how would it look if I just went around getting into fights with AKAs? That would be mad stupid.

CALVIN - But you know what, that happens a lot. People fight just because of the colors they wear or the colors other people wear. Do you know how many people hate on me or look all in my grill?

GWEN - I can imagine.

CALVIN - And I know why it is.

GWEN - Why?

CALVIN - Because I'm a Sigma. People be hatin' on us. But its because I'm a Sigma.

(silence)

GWEN - Are you serious?

CALVIN - Yeah, damn haters.

(GWEN smiles but she is staring at CALVIN to see whether or not he is serious.)

CALVIN - What?

GWEN - You're serious.

CALVIN - Yeah, I'm serious.

(CALVIN laughs.)

CALVIN - Of course I'm serious. Nobody gets the amount of hate that the Sigmas get.

GWEN - Calvin, you don't get hated on because you're a Sigma.

CALVIN - Huh? What do you mean?

(GWEN laughs.)

GWEN - Calvin, you...okay let me rephrase. You do get hate because you're a Sigma, but it isn't all because you're a Sigma. You get hate because you're white and a Sigma. You do realize that right?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FRANK has just let SHERRY out. He then walks into his room to face his girlfriend CAMILLE.

(FRANK walks into the room. CAMILLE is laying across the bed watching tv.)

FRANK thinks - I know she's mad as shit!

FRANK - Hey.

CAMILLE - Hey.

FRANK - Wassup.

CAMILLE - Nothin'.

(silence)

(FRANK sits back at his desk.)

(silence)

FRANK - I'm surprised to see you. Didn't think I'd see ya. I left you like three messages.

(silence)

(CAMILLE acts as if she didn't hear FRANK.)

FRANK - You didn't get my messages?

CAMILLE - Yeah Frank, I got your message.

FRANK - Then why didn't you call me back?

CAMILLE - Because I didn't feel like talking to you.

FRANK - Oh, and you all of a sudden feel like talking to me now so you come over?

(CAMILLE looks up at FRANK.)

CAMILLE - Don't get smart! I can go back home and you can chill with your little neighbor friend.

FRANK - Little neighbor friend? What are you talking about?

CAMILLE - You know exactly what I'm talking about! Is this your friend Frankie?

(CAMILLE imitates SHERRY's voice.)

FRANK - Camille what the hell? You heard me tell her that you're my girlfriend!

CAMILLE - But what did you tell her before I got here? Huh? What did you tell her then?

FRANK - What?

CAMILLE - Why the heck would she ask you if I was one of your friends? What kind of stupid ass question is that Frank? What kind of...friends...do you have Frank?

FRANK - I don't have any female friends because of your ass!

CAMILLE - Oh whatever! And I know how you are! I know you were lookin' at her ass before I got here!

FRANK - What? No I wasn't!

(CAMILLE sits up on the bed.)

CAMILLE - Don't lie to me boy! I know you! You're nothin' but a dog and you know it!

FRANK - So now I'm in trouble for something you didn't even see me do? What kind of shit is that!

CAMILLE - I don't know why you trippin'! You know you were checkin' her out! Why don't you just admit it! Be a man and admit it!

FRANK - You know what? You're crazy! I don't even know why I put up with this shit!

CAMILLE - Oh yeah?

FRANK - Yeah!

CAMILLE - Well then, don't let me disturb you anymore! It's over Frank!

(CAMILLE jumps up off the bed.)

CAMILLE - Feel free to look at as much ass as you want!

FRANK - Where do you think you're going?

CAMILLE - What difference does it make to you! You don't care!

FRANK - Wait...

CAMILLE - No! You don't care! I'm out!

(CAMILLE starts to leave.)

FRANK - Wait!

(FRANK grabs CAMILLE's wrist.)

CAMILLE - No, let me go!

(FRANK swings CAMILLE around and she falls back onto the bed. He falls on top of her.)

CAMILLE - Let me go! Let me go!

(FRANK starts to kiss CAMILLE passionately. She throws her arms around his neck and kisses him back.)

CAMILLE - Oh Frank!

(FRANK starts to suck and bite on CAMILLE's neck. She closes her eyes, throws her head back and grabs his butt.)

CAMILLE - Oh Frank! I love you!

FRANK thinks - I know you do!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIKE and MONA are trying to get through the crowd after the fight. MIKE grabs MONA's hand and urges her to quickly follow.

MIKE - Come on!

(MIKE loses his grip on MONA's hand.)

MONA - Mike! Wait!

(MONA pushes her way through, but feels someone grab her arm.)

MONA - Mike?

(MONA looks up and sees RENEE holding her by her arm.)

MONA - Huh? Oh Renee! Hey soror! It's crazy out here! I'm out!

(RENEE starts to pull MONA by her arm in a different direction.)

MONA - Hey! What? What are you doing?

(RENEE doesn't speak. She continues to pull MONA along.)

MONA - Wait! Renee where are you taking me! What are you doing?

(RENEE still doesn't answer. She is pulling MONA along forcibly.)

MONA - Hey! What the... Mike! Mike! Help!

(RENEE turns back to MONA.)

RENEE - I need to speak to you! Right now!

MONA - What? What's the matter with you? What did I do?

(RENEE gets past the edge of the crowd and into the parking lot. She stops and spins MONA around.)

RENEE - I need to speak to you about something important!

MONA - An e-mail would've done fine. Gosh! What in the world did you have to...

RENEE - You told Marcus that I was a ho and messin' around with a lot of dudes on campus!

MONA - What!

RENEE - You told Marcus that I was messin' with a lot of people on campus!

MONA - Marcus? Who the hell is Marcus?

RENEE - You know damn well who Marcus is! I met him that night in the club and we hit it off fine! And you came behind my back and told him lies about me!

(RENEE steps toward MONA. MONA steps back but bumps into a parked car.)

MONA - Wait wait! Who you gonna believe soror? Some dude from the club or your sorority sister? I swear to you, I don't know anybody named Marcus! If I saw him today, I wouldn't know him from any other student on the yard!

RENEE - Oh yeah!

MONA - Yeah!

RENEE - So...

(RENEE points.)

RENEE - ...you don't remember him?

(MARCUS walks up.)

MARCUS - Hey Mona, good seeing you again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GWEN - Calvin, you...okay let me rephrase. You do get hate because you're a Sigma, but it isn't all because you're a Sigma. You get hate because you're white and a Sigma. You do realize that right?

CALVIN - Well of course, I do realize that.

GWEN - I would go so far as to say that you don't even get hate because you're a Sigma. You get hate because you're white Calvin.

CALVIN - Well yeah, I know.

GWEN - Are you sure? I mean, do you think you're prepared for the reception you're gonna receive from people?

CALVIN - Yeah. I thought about that way before I pledged. I had to think about that before I went to the high school that I went to. I had to think about that before I ever came to Amgis. So yeah, I know that.

GWEN - Okay...as long as you know that.

(CALVIN laughs.)

CALVIN - Yeah, I aint that crazy. Ha ha ha ha.

GWEN - I hope not. Hee hee.

(silence)

GWEN - I just hope you're ready like you say you are.

CALVIN - Ready?

GWEN - Yeah. Ready.

CALVIN - Ready?

GWEN - Well if you think you got some hate already, imagine what it's gonna be like if we keep hanging out.

(CALVIN smiles.)

CALVIN - So does that mean we're gonna keep hanging out?

(GWEN smiles.)

GWEN - We'll see.

CALVIN - Uh huh.

(silence)

CALVIN - So do you have issues?

GWEN - What?

CALVIN - Do you have issues with me being white and in a Black fraternity?

GWEN - No, I don't.

CALVIN - Would you have issues dating a white guy in a Black fraternity?

(GWEN laughs.)

GWEN - Is that as subtle as you can come Cal?

(CALVIN tries to hide his smile.)

CALVIN - I'm only asking a question.

GWEN - But is there a question behind the question?

CALVIN - Don't answer my question with a question.

GWEN - So many questions.

CALVIN - Yeah, so many.

(Both GWEN and CALVIN smile at one another.)

CALVIN - So?

GWEN - So...

CALVIN - So answer my question.

GWEN - I forgot what it is. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

(GWEN turns around and takes off her earrings. She places them on the table behind where she is sitting.)

GWEN - See, we started asking so many questions that I completely forgot what...

(She turns back around to face CALVIN again and he has moved right next to her. So close that it startles her that there faces are so close.)

GWEN - Oh!

(CALVIN leans in and kisses GWEN. She closes her eyes and kisses him back.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MONA has been confronted by RENEE about MONA telling MARCUS lies about her.

MONA - Marcus? Who the hell is Marcus?

RENEE - You know damn well who Marcus is! I met him that night in the club and we hit it off fine! And you came behind my back and told him lies about me!

(RENEE steps toward MONA. MONA steps back but bumps into a parked car.)

MONA - Wait wait! Who you gonna believe soror? Some dude from the club or your sorority sister? I swear to you, I don't know anybody named Marcus! If I saw him today, I wouldn't know him from any other student on the yard!

RENEE - Oh yeah!

MONA - Yeah!

RENEE - So...

(RENEE points.)

RENEE - ...you don't remember him?

(MARCUS walks up.)

MARCUS - Hey Mona, good seeing you again.

MONA - Marcus!

RENEE - Remember now!

MONA - I uh...uh...

RENEE - What did you tell him!

MONA - Renee, I didn't tell him anything!

RENEE - Liar! What did you tell him!

(RENEE grabs MONA's collar.)

MONA - I didn't...

MARCUS - You told me that Renee was pregnant! And that she didn't even know who the father was!

MONA - No...what I meant was...

MARCUS - And you told me that she messes with every dude on campus!

MONA - No I...I...Mike!

JAY - Mike!

MIKE - What's up Nupe! What the hell happened out here?

JAY- Fuckin' Alphas man! They started some shit with us over this party but we finished it!

MIKE - Damn right! Where is everybody?

JAY - I don't know man! I think Eric bounced and I saw Ben a second ago. Ben had a busted lip.

MIKE - Damn!

JAY - This shit got out of hand though. It started with just us and Robbie. Then that nigga Bane got up in my face, and now everybody in the world is out here fighting. Every five minutes a new fight breaks out.

MIKE - Yeah, I got into a scuffle with one of the Alphas from Ahpla.

JAY - Exactly. So I'm just trying to get out of here because...oh shit!

MIKE - What?

JAY - Here come campus police! Look! They're hemmin' niggas up! Look at that one dude?

MIKE - Yo Nupe, we need to get up out of here! I can't find my girl though! We got separated in the crowd.

JAY - She got a cell phone?

MIKE - Yeah! Let me call her!

(MIKE pulls his phone off his hip and dials.)

JAY - Oh shit!

MIKE - Yo! I got her voicemail!

JAY - Oh shit!

MIKE - What? What?

JAY - Look over there! Two girls fighting! Oh my God, one of them bitches is getting her ass kicked! Damn!

(MIKE looks.)

MIKE - Hey! That's no bitch! That's Mona!

No comments: