Monday, February 11, 2008

Episode 33

BUCK and JUNE are arguing upstairs in the Omega Psi Phi frat house during their party.

BUCK - Now look, I'm not trying to make you upset.

(silence)

BUCK - I mean shit, if I had known you'd get this upset, I could've saved you the headache and just not told you.

JUNE - What!

(JUNE storms past him and opens the door.)

BUCK - What? Where are you...

(As soon as JUNE opens the door, CLARENCE walks in.)

CLARENCE - Okay everybody ou... oh Buck... man what the hell you got interested boys at the front door selling tickets for!

BUCK - What?

(JUNE starts to walk out.)

BUCK - Baby wait!

JUNE - I can't talk to you right now Buck! Good bye!

BUCK - Wait!

CLARENCE - Dude, we gotta talk!

BUCK - Man what the hell are you talking about?

CLARENCE - Bruh! Yall got boys at the front desk takin' fuckin' money for tickets! What the hell is goin' on!

BUCK - What? Man I don't know nothing about that!

CLARENCE - Yeah right!

BUCK - Bruh! I can't deal with that right now!

(BUCK looks for JUNE in the crowd that is now starting to leave.)

BUCK - I gotta get June!

CLARENCE - You aint gotta get shit! We gonna get to the bottom of this shit right now! I told yall not to have no party up in the house!

BUCK - What are you talking about Clarence! I never spoke to you!

CLARENCE - You know the rules just like everybody else up in here! Don't act like you don't!

BUCK - Clarence, I came in here after the game! I don't know shit about what this party is about! I got into a fight with my girl! You think I give a damn about idiot Frank and Kenny?

CLARENCE - And that's my point Buck! If you know these young boys are idiots, why didn't you come up in here and regulate? Why does it always hav to be me?

BUCK - Clarence, listen to me bruh! This aint a good time alright! I missed the damn game and my girl is trippin'! I aint thinking about bruhs and what the hell is happening in the house!

(CLARENCE quickly turns and storms out. BUCK rushes out and starts to look for JUNE.)

BUCK - June! June!

CLARENCE - Everybody get the hell out! Now! Party's over!

STUDENT - Hey! What the hell? I just paid to get in here!

CLARENCE - Sorry bruh, you aint gotta go home but ya gotta get the hell out of here!

(CLARENCE opens the last door and starts to get everyone out of that room.)

CLARENCE - Let's go! Party over! Everybody out! Hey, you two in the corner! Let's go!

AISHA - Huh! Whaaa... heeeeey, wassss goiiiiin on upp in heeeya....

(AISHA stands up as the guy she is with steps past CLARENCE.)

AISHA - Whooo tuned da lights upp?

CLARENCE - What the hell? Have you been drinking?

AISHA - I'm not drunk!

(AISHA stumbles and falls into CLARENCE's arms and begins to vomit all over him.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHMAD is in his room getting dressed. He is fixing his tie when his phone rings.

AHMAD - Hey, you downstairs?

SHAREESA - Yeah, come on down.

AHMAD - Okay, I'm ready. Be right down.

(They hang up and AHMAD grabs his coat. There is a knock on the door.)

AHMAD thinks - Who the heck...

(He opens the door as he is putting his coat on.)

SETH - What's up Blue!

AHMAD - What up?

SETH - Damn man! Where you goin' all decked out and decent?

KIM - Yeah Ahmad, you look great!

AHMAD - Thanks. I'm going to a corporate banquet with Shareesa.

KIM - Oh.

(KIM walks into the room past AHMAD. SETH follows her.)

AHMAD - Uh... I'm bout to be out.

SETH - Oh we know. We figured we'd house sit for ya while you't out painting the town blue.

AHMAD - Uh yeah right! Would the fact that I got so many DVD's have anything to do with you two coming over?

SETH - You got DVD's?

(SETH is being very sarcastic.)

SETH - Bruh, I didn't even know! But since you mentioned it, where are they?

(SETH and AHMAD laugh. KIM is sitting quietly changing channels on the remote.)

AHMAD - Aight well yall chill out and get some food out the fridge if you want to.

SETH - Aight! That's the best news I done got all day

AHMAD - Don't trip though! Damn! Don't eat me out of house and home man!

SETH - Oh I won't sands! Promise!

AHMAD - Uh huh! Kim...

(KIM looks up from the television.)

KIM - Huh?

AHMAD - See to it that your brother doesn't drink up all my shit okay?

KIM - Yeah. Sure.

(KIM is very matter of factly.)

AHMAD thinks - What's wrong with her?

SETH thinks - What's wrong with her?

SETH - What's wrong with you?

KIM - Huh?

SETH - What's your problem?

KIM - Nothing Seth. Nothing.

AHMAD - Well anyway, I gotta go yall. Keep your cell phones on just in case I need to call you to give you details on how phat this party is gonna be!

SETH - Oh shut up! You get all the luck! Going to a banquet! Got a fine ass girl! Got fine ass girls all over campus wanting your ass! Can I just be like you for half a day? Just til noon bruh, just til noon!

(KIM shifts uncomfortably in her seat. AHMAD laughs.)

AHMAD - Yeah right. I'm out so I'll holla at yall later!

SETH - Aight Blue!

(AHMAD leaves and closes the door behind him.)

(silence)

SETH - So what you wanna watch on tv?

(silence)

SETH - Kim, what do you want to watch?

KIM - Whatever. I don't care.

(KIM hands the remote to SETH.)

SETH - You got an attitude or something? What's wrong with you?

KIM - Seth...

(KIM gets up from her seat and starts to walk toward the bathroom.)

KIM - Leave me alone right now okay? I'm just in a funky kind of mood. So just leave me alone.

SETH - What did I do to trigger an attitude?

KIM - You didn't do anything Seth. Just drop it.

SETH - You know you wanna tell me. Instead of staying up half the night and getting me when I'm about dead asleep to talk... like you usually do, why don't you just tell me now?

(She stops walking.)

(silence)

SETH - Okay fine, don't tell me.

KIM - I think Ahmad is way too young for Shareesa. She already graduated from college. I mean, what the hell is he trying to prove?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone is rushing out of the Omega party as CLARENCE has been turning on lights and kicking everyone out.

FRANK - Damn man! Why that fool come home? We was bout to make a mint up in here! Look at all those people that didn't get to come inside!

KENNY - I know man! How did he know to come home?

BUCK - Hey bruhs! Have yall seen my girl?

KENNY - Naw dog! I aint seen her, too many people here!

(BUCK leaves.)

FRANK - Where's Clarence now?

KENNY - He went upstairs and aint come down yet.

CAMILLE - Frank! Kenny! What happened? This party was off the hook! Why are all the lights on and people leaving?

FRANK - Party is over!

CAMILLE - But why? Its still early!

FRANK - I know but we ran into some issues here in the house so we gotta shut down.

CAMILLE - But what about the after party for the sorors and the bruhs? Is that still on?

FRANK - I don't think so.

CAMILLE - But why not? I wanna party with yall!

FRANK - Camille, let me holla at you later okay? We got some things we gotta deal with right now.

CAMILLE - But why yall? Why?

(CLARENCE calls to FRANK upstairs.)

CLARENCE - Frank! Get up here!

FRANK - Shit! I'll be right back.

CAMILLE - Kenny why? Why can't we still party?

KENNY thinks - God!

(FRANK runs upstairs.)

FRANK - Where are you?

CLARENCE - In here!

(FRANK runs to the bathroom where he sees CLARENCE holding AISHA up in the shower.)

FRANK - What the hell...

CLARENCE - She's drunk and I'm tryin' to sober her up! Give me a hand here!

FRANK - Shit! How did she get so drunk?

CLARENCE - You tell me nigga! I told you to not give these chicks drinks!

FRANK - Damn!

CLARENCE - Come here and help me hold her while I turn the water on! She threw up all over me!

FRANK - Ooooh!

(FRANK tries to hold her up. AISHA is laughing, then seems to pass out.)

FRANK - Hey man, I'm sorry. I didn't know it would get this crowded!

CLARENCE - Save it Frank! I told you niggas about this shit! We're gonna talk about this as soon as all these people get the hell out of the house!

(CLARENCE turns the cold water on.)

CLARENCE - Throw some of this water on her face. This should wake her up.

FRANK - Okay.

CLARENCE - I'm gonna make one final sweep through the house to see how many people are still up in here.

FRANK - Okay.

(CLARENCE runs out of the bathroom.)

CLARENCE - Anybody else up here! If so, its time to go! Let's go! Everybody out!

(No one is left up stairs.)

CLARENCE - Kenny! Is anyone still down there? Kenny!

(CLARENCE goes down the stairs. There are a few students till down there.)

CLARENCE - Everybody listen up! The party is over! Thanks so much for attending, but the party is over! Good night!

CAMILLE - But Clarence, why?

BUCK - Dog, June must've really stepped out! Bruh, I thought she was joking but she left! I gotta go catch her at her crib!

CLARENCE - Hell no! We need to talk about this shit!

BUCK - Give me the notes from the meeting because I gotta go!

CLARENCE - Don't leave Buck! I'm warning you!

(BUCK walks out.)

KENNY - Clarence, everyone is almost gone bruh. Where's Frank?

FRANK thinks - Great! Leave me with vomit girl!

(FRANK tries to clean off her face.)

AISHA - Fraaaank... Fraaaaank...

(silence)

AISHA - Fraaank...

FRANK - What Aisha?

(AISHA looks up at him and smiles.)

AISHA - Make love to me! Please!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JESSICA has come into ERIC's hospital room and is demanding that he dump his current girlfriend AKINA and rekindle a relationship with her.

ERIC - I agree with everything you're saying Jess. I've loved you from day one and was just using Akina to try and get over you. But I want to be with you. I really do. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna call Akina now and end it. I'll do it right over the phone, that way you and I can just pick things right back up.

(ERIC picks up the phone next to the bed.)

ERIC thinks - I'm calling security on this crazy bitch right now!

(He puts the phone to his ear and doesn't hear a dial tone.)

ERIC - Hey... something's wrong with the...

JESSICA - Phone? Oh yeah, I had it turned off in your room. Can't have you calling security or anything on me. I wanted to make sure you were sincere, once you changed your mind about things. And now that you have, listen very carefully...

(She smiles as she leans in closer to him.)

JESSICA - ...this is what we're gonna have to do...

(ERIC sits up in his bed, backing away from JESSICA.)

JESSICA - ... first we're gonna have to get Akina out of the picture.

ERIC - Out of the picture?

JESSICA - Yeah, out of the picture. I hate her! All she does is flaunt you around! Silly bitch!

ERIC - Uh huh.

JESSICA - We don't need her bothering us anymore or causing any kind of interference.

ERIC - Um... how do you think we should do it? You know, get her out of the picture?

JESSICA - Simple. All we have to do is kill her.

ERIC - What!

JESSICA - I'm just kidding! Ha ha ha ha ha! Had you going there huh baby?

(ERIC doesn't laugh.)

JESSICA - Seriously though. I do want her to understand that is me and you now. Not you and her. You never liked her. Not how you liked me at least. I saw when yall were together. Yall didn't have th magic that we possesed! The fire!

ERIC - Then what do we do?

JESSICA - Then we move in together. My roommate can move out and you can move into my place.

ERIC thinks - God this chick is crazy!

(ERIC looks around the room for a possible escape route. He sees the window then remembers that he is on the ninth floor. Then he looks at the door, which he remembers JESSICA has locked. He then remembers that his doctor said that he would be back in a few minutes.)

ERIC - That sounds good. As a matter of fact, I can let my frat brothers know now that they should start packing up my stuff so I can move. You know, I can't do too much moving while I'm in here. But they can start doing it for me.

JESSICA - When the time is right my love.

(JESSICA walks over to the window and looks out.)

JESSICA - Oh baby! This is such a wonderful time for us! I mean, think about it...

(She turns around and looks at him. He is keeping his eye on her.)

JESSICA - ...lost love found again! Isn't it romantic? Like from one of those romance novels! Or soap operas!

ERIC - Exactly.

(ERIC extends his arms toward JESSICA.)

ERIC - Come here Jess.

(JESSICA smiles as she opens her arms and walks toward the bed.)

ERIC - Let me say a few things.

JESSICA - Okay.

(He takes her hands as she sits on the bed beside him.)

ERIC - I can't tell you what a relief this is for me to be back in your arms. I've missed you so much and have truly suffered since we've been apart.

(JESSICA smiles.)

JESSICA - Me too!

ERIC - But that's all over now. From now on, its just me and you sweetie. Just me and you.

JESSICA - Oh Eric darling!

ERIC - Come here baby!

(ERIC embraces JESSICA and they hold one another.)

ERIC - I love you Jess.

JESSICA - I love you too Eric! I love you so much!

(They back up from the embrace and start to passionately kiss.)

JESSICA thinks - Oh Eric! Oh Eric!

(Their kiss grows more intense as ERIC sucks on JESSICA's lips and moves his tongue deep inside of her mouth.)

JESSICA thinks - Yes! Oh God finally!

(ERIC quickly spins JESSICA around and slams her onto the bed. He jumps on top of her to pin her down.)

ERIC - Somebody help me! Help! Help me please!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHMAD walks outside and closes his coat as it is kind of chilly outside.

(He opens the door to SHAREESA's car and gets in.)

AHMAD - Hey babe.

SHAREESA - Hey!

(They kiss and she drives off.)

AHMAD - You look great!

SHAREESA - Thanks. You don't look half bad yourself.

AHMAD - Have you been to one of these things before?

SHAREESA - No, this is my first one since I've been working at Woolfolk. But its like a company thing ya know? Like, I'll know everybody there because I see them every day. It should be fun though. You know, dressing up and acting proper is always fun.

AHMAD - Cool.

(She drives and pulls up to the event. She parks and they get out and walk in hand in hand.)

AHMAD - Nice place.

SHAREESA - Yeah. Very. They go all out for these things. That's why its so good to work here. They do a lot for their employees and interns.

AHMAD - That's cool.

(They walk in past a fountain of champagne being automatically poured over 100 champagne glasses.)

AHMAD - Wow, that's nice.

SHAREESA - Yeah. They spare no expense for these things. Once a year they really do it up nice.

AHMAD - Wow, I see. Can I get a job here?

(SHAREESA smiles.)

AHMAD - I should've brought my resume!

(They walk into the main ball room area. An usher approaches them.)

USHER - Good evening. Do you know what table you are to be seated at?

SHAREESA - Uh... yes. I should be seated with...

(SHAREESA is looking around the room for her friends.)

SHAREESA - Yes, right there.

USHER - Fine maam. Enjoy your evening.

SHAREESA - I'm sitting with some of the other junior execs. They're all real cool.

AHMAD - Cool.

(SHAREESA and AHMAD approach the table and her friends smile as they walk up.)

PHILLIP - Hey Shareesa!

SHAREESA - Hi Phil.

PHILLIP - Shareesa, this is my wife Renee.

SHAREESA - Hi.

RENEE - Hi nice to meet you.

SHAREESA - This is my boyfriend Ahmad.

PHILLIP - Hey guy, how are ya?

AHMAD - Good thanks, nice to meet you.

SHAREESA - And this is Janice and her boyfriend Austin. She talks so much about you I feel like I know you already.

(AUSTIN and JANICE laugh as SHAREESA and AHMAD sit down.)

SHAREESA - This place is nice huh?

PHILLIP - Oh yeah. You know how Coaxman does. Everything has to be over the top.

(PHILLIP points to an old white man sitting at the head table. He is smoking a cigar and laughing with some other men.)

SHAREESA - Ha ha ha! I see!

PHILLIP - Remember Janice when you turned in that order of restitution?

SHAREESA - Oh God! I remember!

PHILLIP - Honey, Janice had to hand in this report right, so she thinks she's being juicy or something so she goes to Kinkos and has it done in a binder...

JANICE - I did not try to be juicy! Ha ha ha ha!

PHILLIP - ... so anyway, she gives it to Coaxman who is the CEO of the firm and he opens it and pulls it out of the binder that she had it put in. He hands her the binder back, and tells her to not try to impress him anymore. Just give him the information that he asks her for.

JANICE - I felt so bad about that! But then he told me that he did the same thing years ago when he was a junior exec.

PHILLIP - He was lying!

(Everyone laughs loud.)

RENEE - Phil! You are terrible!

AUSTIN - I remember that too! Jan called me at my office and I was right in the middle of settling the largest case my firm had ever gotten! I mean, I was in law school dreaming about getting cases like this so when Jan called me, I was like... okay hon... yeah... that's nice... um... okay I gotta go...

(Everyone laughs again.)

JANICE - Oh now you admit it huh! You weren't paying attention!

AUSTIN - You knew it then!

(They all laugh.)

(silence)

PHILLIP - So Ahmad... what do you do?

AHMAD - Oh, I'm a student.

(silence)

SHAREESA - Uh... activities director. He's the student activities director. For Ahpla University. That's how we met. At an alumni luncheon.

AHMAD thinks - What!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERIC - Somebody help me! Help! Help me please!

JESSICA - Eric... what the fuck!

(She looks him in the eyes.)

JESSICA - ...are you doing!

ERIC - Security! Somebody help me!

TUNE IN NEXT WEEK TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS BETWEEN JESSICA AND ERIC!

No comments: