Monday, February 11, 2008

Episode 10

Iota Phi Theta brother Dr. COLIN MWATSUMI has driven off from the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity house. His pledgees, the Centaurs are left at the front door returning the Omega Sta-Que that they just stole from the house. Dr. MWATSUMI convinced them to bring it back.

(CENTAUR MARK places the Sta-Que on the ground between himself and CENTAUR DWAYNE an rings the doorbell.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Maybe we can say we saw someone stealing this and we apprehended it back from them. Now we're just returning it.

CENTAUR MARK - Shut the hell up Dwayne. You got us in enough trouble. Just be quiet and let me handl...

(MARK and DWAYNE are very surprised to hear a car drive off. They turn around and see DR. MWATSUMI's Mercedes reach the end of the block and turn the corner.)

CENTAUR MARK - Oh shit! Dr. Mwatsumi played us and left us hanging!

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Oh shit! What are we gonna do!

(The front door of the house starts to open. MARK and DWAYNE look at one another then back at the door.)

CENTUAR DWAYNE - We should...

(DWAYNE turns toward MARK who is starting to run away.)

CENTAUR MARK - Come on!

(They both take off running leaving the Sta-Que sitting on the front step. The door to the Omega house opens and DRE stares down at the Sta-Que.)

DRE thinks - What the fu...

(DRE stares at it to make sure he is seeing what he thinks he's seeing.)

DRE - How the hell did this get out here?

(He looks down the street to the left. He doesn't see anyone. He then turns and looks down the street to the right.)

DRE thinks - That's weird. Nobody.

(DRE picks up the Sta-Que and brings it back in the house.)

DRE - Yo Ronnie! Ronnie come here!

(The Centaurs have turned the corner and are both running as fast as they can.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Oh my God! Did they see us! Did they see us!

CENTAUR MARK - Just keep running man!

(They run for another two blocks.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Mark! Mark! We should split up! We should run different ways!

CENTAUR MARK - Wait! Wait!

(They both stop and are breathing heavy.)

CENTAUR MARK - It's okay! They're not chasing us!

(MARK rests his hands on his knees.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE - You think they saw us?

CENTAUR MARK - No.

(They're both catching there breath.)

CENTAUR MARK - Shit! This is some bullshit!

CENTAUR DWAYNE - I can't believe...Big Brother...did us like...like tha...

CENTAUR MARK - Shut the hell up! I told you you can't trust them man! And the minute I say that, he pulls this bullshit!

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Yeah. I guess you're right.

(breathing heavy)

CENTUAR DWAYNE - Well next time we'll just...

CENTAUR MARK - Fuck that! There is no next time! I quit!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ladies of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority have gathered with AURORA ALEXIS and they see someone approaching in the distance.

(JENNIFER looks around as ROSALIND opens the car door. There is no one in sight.)

ROSALIND - Come on Aurora. Wake up. Time to go.

(She helps the blindfolded ALEXIS out of the car.)

ROSALIND - Okay just follow me. Hold my arm.

(They begin to walk and see someone approaching in the distance.)

JENNIFER - Oh good, Paula is here.

(They walk toward PAULA who is quickly walking toward them from her car.)

ROSALIND - Hey, that's not Paula's car.

(JENNIFER looks closer.)

ROSALIND - That's Andy!

JENNIFER - What!

ROSALND - That's Andy!

JENNIFER - Oh shoot! It is Andy! She's gonna be pissed!
ROSALIND - Pissed isn't even the word!

(ANDY walks up.)

ANDY - Sorors, we need to talk.

(silence)

ROSALIND - I'll be right back. Come on Aurora.

(ROSALIND starts to walk ALEXIS back to the car.)

ROSALIND - Sit down here Alexis and don't fall asleep.

AURORA ALEXIS - Yes Big Sister.

(ROSALIND returns.)

ANDY - I thought we were clear about this. We're not touching their girl.

ROSALIND - No...you're not touching their girl. Andy we've been involved with Alexis from the very beginning. How we gonna leave her hangin' now?
ANDY - It aint about her. It's about us!

JENNIFER - What do you mean?
ANDY - This aint rocket science. We don't need to get caught up in no drama. Do you know what would happen if right now someone noticed you two driving here with Alexis in your car? Did you even think about that?

ROSALIND - Who's gonna see us Andy? Who even knows where we are? We're in the middle of nowhere.

ANDY - That's not the point!

(ANDY raises her voice.)

ANDY - The point is if you two can't get it into your skulls that this is dangerous activity nowadays, then I have to think for you. Both of you.

JENNIFER - I mean I understand what you're sayin' Andy. But we're almost...

ANDY - No, obviously you don't understand. If you understood what I was saying, you wouldn't be standing here in the middle of nowhere discussing this with me.

(silence)

ANDY - You two get in your car, take Alexis back and go home. I'll call you in thirty minutes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Centaurs seem to be a safe distance from the Omega Psi Phi house and have stopped running. CENTAUR MARK tells DWAYNE that he wants to quit.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - What you mean you quit? You can't quit.

CENTAUR MARK - Yes I can and yes I am. I'm tired of this bullshit. It ain't worth it!

CENTAUR DWAYNE - I know how you feel man but it is worth it. Being a part of a nationwide...

CENTAUR MARK - Stop with the textbook reason for pledging a frat man cuz I don't want to hear it. I'm through with this shit. If it wasn't for the fact that I wanted to be in, I wouldn't even hang with Malcolm or Sean. Those dudes are corny as hell! To hell with this shit man! I'm done.

(MARK starts to walk away.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Hold up man! It ain't like I didn't want to leave at times myself! Shit, you ran off before me at the Que house! So I should be mad at you! But I'm not because you're my line brother.

CENTAUR MARK - Not anymore I'm not.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Man how you gonna leave me hangin' on line by myself?

(MARK stops and turns around.)

CENTAUR MARK - You're right.

(silence)

CENTAUR MARK - I guess I owe you one.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - What!

(DWAYNE jogs to get up with MARK.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE - You can't be serious bruh! Come on man! You can't be serious!

CENTAUR MARK - Oh yeah?

(MARK reaches into his back pocket and pulls out his cell phone. He dials.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Who you callin'?

CENTAUR MARK - Hello Sean?

SEAN - Yeah, who is this?
CENTAUR MARK - Hello Sean, this is Mark.

SEAN - Mark? What did you call me Centaur?
MARK - Sean here's the deal man. I'm leaving the pledge process man. Thanks for all your help but I've had enough. So I'm out.

CENTAUR DWAYNE whispers - No! No! Don't do this man!

MARK - So listen, once again thanks for everything and no hard feelings man. Fo sho.

SEAN - Wait a minute, you just can't...

(click)

MARK - Convinced yet?

(MARK puts his phone away and walks away. CENTAUR DWAYNE just watches him walk.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE thinks - Dammit!

(CENTAUR DWAYNE watches MARK walk away.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE thinks - He'll change his mind. Then he'll be sorry he called Big Brother Brown Illusion Gold Confusion like that!

(DWAYNE pulls out his own cell phone. He dials.)

JENNIFER - Dwayne! Are you alright?
CENTAUR DWAYNE - Yeah, I'm fine.

JENNIFER - I've been so worried about you.I haven't spoken to you all week. Are you really alright?
CENTAUR DWAYNE - Yeah, I'm fine. I need to see you though.

JENNIFER - I'm almost home now. You can come over. I can use the company after what I've been through tonight..

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Really? Well I'll be there in ten minutes.

JENNIFER - Good! How much time do you have though?
CENTAUR DWAYNE - About ten minutes!
JENNIFER - Dag is that all?

CENTAUR DWAYNE - You know I'm on the clock baby.

JENNIFER - Okay. I'll see you in a few minutes then. I love you.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - I love you too Jenny.

(They hang up.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ladies of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, ASHLEY, LEAH, and KIM are arriving at Ahpla's campus. They're getting together with their sorors from Ahpla to speak to some interested ladies in Zeta.

ASHLEY - This is gonna be a good year. I can tell already.

KIM - Think so?

ASHLEY - Oh yeah. I know it is.

(They walk inside and see their sorors and a few other ladies.)

KIM - Hey Denice!

DENICE - Hi sorors!

(They all hug as they greet one another.)

KIM - How's it going?

DENICE - Good good. People are just getting here now. Let me introduce you to some students.

(DENICE walks them over.)

DENICE - Sorors, this is Ada. Ada, this is my soror Leah and my soror Ashley. And you met my soror Kim the night of the interest meeting.

ADA - Yes. How are you?

(ADA is visibly nervous.)

LEAH - The question is, how are you? You lookin' kinda frightened there girlie.

KIM thinks - Oh boy! Leah's startin' up!

ADA - Oh...uh...I'm just...

LEAH - Don't worry about it girl. I was scared stiff too.

(ADA doesn't know what to say.)

(silence)

LEAH - What's the matter? Kitty cat got your tongue?

(LEAH laughs as she turns back toward her sorors.)

LEAH - Anyway, Ash I forgot to tell you that...

(LEAH sees someone walk in and it causes her to stop speaking.)

ASHLEY - You forgot to tell me what?

(Everyone turns around to take notice to who just walked in.)

DENICE - Hey, those girls don't look familiar. I've never seen them on campus before.

LEAH - You wouldnt've. They go to Amgis.

DENICE - Those are Amgis students?

LEAH - Yeah. That one right there is Tammi. That's Robbie's girlfriend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANDY walks back to her car. She is so aggravated at her sorors ROSALIND and JENNIFER that she is talking to herself out loud.

ANDY - Next thing you know, we get suspended and who does everyone blame? Me! All the blame always falls on me!

(ANDY gets to her car and starts to check for her keys.)

ANDY - Chapter president gets all the praise when things are great but then gets all the blame when stuff is screwed up!

(She finds her keys in her jacket pocket and gets in her car.)

ANDY - I don't know what I'm gonna do with these girls sometimes! I swear!

(As she starts her car, she sees another car pulling up.)

ANDY - Oh great.

(ANDY shuts her car off and gets out.)

ANDY - Hey.

(CANDACE rolls down the window. She is in the passenger seat of PAULA's car.)

CANDACE - What's up?

ANDY - Nothin. What's up with yall?
CANDACE - Trying to get this thing overwith. Where is everybody?

ANDY - On their way home.

CANDACE - On there way...huh?
PAULA - Why they goin' home?
ANDY - Because I sent them home Paula.

PAULA - What you do that for?

(PAULA turns her car off. CANDACE gets out.)

ANDY - I told them to go home Candace because we don't need to be involved in your pledge process.

CANDACE - What? My process?
PAULA - What the hell are you talkin' about?

ANDY - I'm trying to protect my chapter.

CANDACE - We're all sorors and this aint about yall and me. This is about we.

PAULA - Yeah, what the hell are you trippin' on?
ANDY - I aint trippin' on nothin'. But let some mess go down and we get suspended.

CANDACE - Something go down? Andy we're almost done with Alexis. Jenn, Ros and Angelique have been with Alexis from the beginning and so has Paula and they've bonded with her. You're the only one that aint been there. And now you start regulatin'? What's up with that?

ANDY - I can't keep tabs on my chapter sorors all the time. If I had known they were involved with pledging activities, I would've stepped in sooner.

PAULA - Why didn't you tell me you felt this way?
ANDY - Because I knew you would go back and tell Candace. I thought I could trust the others to see things the intelligent way. But they go ahead and kidnap Alexis and bring her here.

PAULA - Well maybe they wouldnt've have had to do that if you hadn't been talkin' this craziness.

CANDACE - Yeah, I mean gosh Andy the girl is crossing. I don't understand you.

ANDY - That's okay. You don't have to understand me. You just have to abide by what I say.

CANDACE - Says who?
ANDY - Says me. I'm president of the chapter so what I say goes.

PAULA - You were voted in by the sorors. This aint a means for you to become a dictator.

ANDY - I aint trying to be a dictator.

CANDACE - Could've fooled me.

ANDY - You stay out of this. This isn't your chapter. Your chapter is back at Southern.

CANDACE - This is my sorority dammit! My heart is with Sigma wherever it is and Alexis is my friend! I'm not gonna rob her of the opportunity of having the most memorable crossing she can have! And to do that, I need my sorors!

ANDY - Who you raising your voice at?

CANDACE - I don't give a damn if you think you're all high and mighty! You can act unsisterly if you want to but we're gonna finish with Alexis! All of us! Whether you like it or not!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DENICE - Hey, those girls don't look familiar. I've never seen them on campus before.

LEAH - You wouldnt've. They go to Amgis.

DENICE - Those are Amgis students?

LEAH - Yeah. That one right there is Tammi. That's Robbie's girlfriend.

KIM - I didn't know she wants to be a Zeta.

LEAH - Yeah, Robbie doesn't know either. He thinks she wants to be a Delta.

(LEAH walks toward TAMMI.)

LEAH - Tammi?
TAMMI - Oh, hello Leah. How are you?
LEAH - Just fine. How are you? What brings you here?
TAMMI - Oh I have a friend who goes to school here at Ahpla and she mentioned that she was attending this question and answer session for Zeta Phi Beta Sorority. So I asked her if she thought I should attend as well. To hear some information.

LEAH - So you possibly have an interest in my sorority?
TAMMI - Possibly. I just want to learn more of what your organization is about. And make the best decision for myself.

LEAH - Uh huh.

TAMMI - Oh there's my friend Ada.

LEAH - Well go sit down with her and make sure you meet all my sorors from Ahpla.

TAMMI - I will. Thank you.

LEAH - Mmmm hmmmm.

(TAMMI walks away and KIM approaches LEAH.)

KIM - So that's Robbie's girl huh?

LEAH - Yep.

KIM - So she wants to be a Zeta huh?

(LEAH looks at KIM after staring at TAMMI walk away. KIM is trying to hold in her laugh.)

LEAH - Stop laughing!

KIM - I'm sorry Leah. Ha ha ha ha, but I mean come on. You're messin' with a brotha who you know has a girlfriend.

LEAH - So?

KIM - So? So you bout to get your feelings hurt...again.

LEAH - No I aint. Because I'm up front and honest. I don't want no man. Bump men. They're all idiots. I just want a dude that I can have around when I want him around and kick his sorry ass out when I want to kick his ass out. That's what Robbie is. He knows it, I know it, so who cares.

KIM - So what if Tammi pledges Zeta?

(silence)

KIM - You already got one bomb dropped on you when you heard Buck was getting hitched. Now this? Ha ha ha ha.

LEAH - Fuck him I aint trippin' off Buck.

KIM - Gee, such harsh language.

LEAH - And as far as Tammi...

(LEAH turns around as her name is called.)

LEAH - ...oh wassup Sharonda!...

(She turns back to KIM quickly.)

LEAH - ...as far as Robbie's girl, she won't be a Zeta.

(LEAH smiles as she turns back around to hug SHARONDA who walks up.)

LEAH - Hey Rhonda. Wassup soror!

SHARONDA - Hi Leah. Hey Kim.

KIM - Wassup girl.

(SHARONDA and KIM hug.)

LEAH - Who ya got witcha soror?

SHARONDA - Sorors, this is my little cousin Miya. Miya these are my sorors from Amgis, Kim and Leah.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a knock on JENNIFER's door.

JENNIFER thinks - Dwayne!

(She runs to the door and opens it. As she does, her boyfriend DWAYNE comes in and grabs her for a hug.)

JENNIFER - Dwayne!
CENTAUR DWAYNE - Baby, you're a real sight for sore eyes!

(He hugs her and picks her up. They start kissing as she slams the door closed.)

JENNIFER - I've missed you so much Dwayne!

CENTAUR DWAYNE - I missed you too!

(They start kissing each other passionately.)

JENNIFER - And you only...have ...ten...minutes?

CENTAUR DWAYNE - If that!

(He puts her down and they stare at each other for two seconds. They then run toward the bedroom.)

JENNIFER - No need for the formalities then!

(They both begin laughing as they quickly start to get undressed.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE - I missed you so much Jenny! I'm about to...

(As DWAYNE is pulling his pants off, a bra and a pair of panties fall out of his pocket and on the floor. JENNIFER stops and stares at it.)

(silence)

No comments: