Monday, February 11, 2008

Episode 38

AHMAD comes home after leaving SHAREESA at her job's function.

KIM - Hey, let me ask you something.

SETH - Wassup?

(She pauses before she asks.)

KIM - Do you think this is really it for Ahmad? I mean, how much does he really like Shareesa? I mean really.

(SETH looks at her and pauses the movie.)

SETH - Okay hold it. What's the deal Kim? Why are you so concerned and asking so much? What? I'm tellin' you, that nigga is secure and happy with Shareesa!

(A key turns in the door and AHMAD walks in.)

AHMAD - Hey yall.

SETH - Hey? What you doin' here?

AHMAD - Night ended early.

SETH - Early? Looks like way early! How was it?

AHMAD - Interesting.

(AHMAD starts to take his tie off.)

KIM - Are you okay?

AHMAD - Yeah, I'm cool.

(AHMAD's cell phone rings. He looks at the display and turns it off.)

SETH - What happened bro?

(AHMAD pauses.)

AHMAD - I went to the spot and seems like Shareesa is ashamed of the fact that I'm still in college or something. She played me in front of all her co workers.

SETH - No!

KIM thinks - I knew it!

AHMAD - Yeah man, so I stepped out and bounced.

SETH - You just up and left!

AHMAD - Yeah man. You aint gonna just play me! Bump all that.

SETH - Dag man, I hear ya.

KIM - Good for you Ahmad.

(AHMAD sits down. He looks angry.)

KIM - I knew you two weren't meant to be together. Something about her just didn't sit right with me.

(silence)

KIM - I just knew it. You're better off without her. I'm tellin' ya.

(silence)

KIM - And it's good that you found all this out now and not later. You know? Better to know up front then to get real serious and then find out down the road that a person is shady.

(silence)

KIM - So um... you're probably not ready to get out there and start dating again are you?

(silence)

AHMAD - Hey um... Seth, let me holla at you for one second.

SETH - Oh yeah bro, no doubt.

AHMAD - Kim we'll be right back.

KIM - Okay sure.

(AHMAD gets up and SETH follows him into the hallway. AHMAD closes the door.)

AHMAD - What's up with your sister man? Is she trippin'?

SETH - Man I don't know.

AHMAD - Well look, I really don't feel like talking about this right now so can we like bounce to the frat house or someting?

SETH - Yeah bro, no doubt. Um... we can just bounce now and that way Kim won't be asking a lot of stupid questions talkin' about where we going and shit.

AHMAD - Cool, thanks man.

SETH - Yeah, let's go.

(AHMAD and SETH walk down the hall together.)

KIM thinks - I hope I didn't chase Ahmad away. Gosh what is wrong with me! I always go overboard with it! Damn!

(She stares at the door that AHMAD and SETH just walked out of to get into the hallway.)

KIM thinks - Okay, when they get back, I'll just change the subject and not mention anything else.

(silence)

KIM thinks - Unless he does of course!

(She smiles to herself.)

KIM thinks - I won't say anything else and I'll try to not stick my darn foot in my mou...

(There is a knock on the door.)

KIM thinks - Oh Ahmad must've left his keys in here.

(She gets up to open the door.)

KIM thinks - Don't bring this up again... don't bring this up again... don't bring thi...

(She opens the door.)

SHAREESA - Hey Kim... is Ahmad back here yet?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ladies of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority are talking about having four new members of their chapter.

LEAH -You can't possibly believe Miya Ferguson is old enough and ready to handle this.

ASHLEY - She's got Sharonda, she's got her big sisters, she's got her own sister and mother in sororities. Come on, come up with a better reason than that to not like the girl!

LEAH - Its a mistake. That's all. I think its a big mistake.

ASHLEY - We'll see how Kim feels when she's hooks up with us.

LEAH - Uh huh. Although I do think a line with four would be hot.

ASHLEY - A line with four would be very hot.

LEAH - Yeah, true. So... Miya Ferguson, a member of Zeta Phi Beta sorority incorporated! Hmmmm.

ASHLEY - We shall see. We shall see.

(silence)

ASHLEY - As a matter of fact...

(ASHLEY picks up her cell phone and dials.)

LEAH - You gonna call Kim?

ASHLEY - Naw, not yet.

SHARONDA - Hey Ash.

ASHLEY - What's up. What you doin'?

SHARONDA - Tryin' to console my soror here. She's heart broken and my stupid ass cousin is... nevermind. What's up with you?

ASHLEY - Funny you should ask. I was just talking about your cousin to Leah. I was talking about Miya.

SHARONDA - Oh yeah?

ASHLEY - Can you talk?

SHARONDA - Hold on a minute.

(SHARONDA gets up and walks into the bedroom. She closes the door.)

SHARONDA - Okay wassup?

ASHLEY - Here's the deal. I like your cousin. She actually impressed me at the meeting. If nothing else she's entertaining.

(SHARONDA laughs.)

SHARONDA - You should meet her older sister Mona! Talk about entertaining!

(ASHLEY laughs.)

ASHLEY - AKA right?

SHARONDA - Yeah. Thank God she aint one of us!

ASHLEY - Yeah, let them heffas deal with her! Anyway, what's your plan for Miya?

SHARONDA - Well Miya is nothing like Mona. They've always been very different. Mona is mad shady. Miya is cool. She can get to be fiesty at times, but all Fergusons can.

ASHLEY - Oh God!

(They both laugh.)

SHARONDA - But Miya would make a good soror. I know it. She's just young and clean. A real wholesome and respectful young lady.

MIYA - Fuck an apology!

MONA - Shut up!

(MONA turns away from MIYA and turns toward DENICE.)

MONA - Denice, I didn't mean that statement that I made about... you know... about Z Phi B.

DENICE - Whatever Mona.

MIYA - You meant that shit!

MONA - What did I tell you about cursing!

MIYA - And what did I tell you about disrespecting my future sorority!

DENICE - Future soro...

MIYA - This aint the first time you've done this Mona and I aint gonna keep lettin' you get away with this!

DENICE - Miya, calm down. I can handle myself.

(DENICE grabs a tissue and blows her nose. She wipes her eyes, then gets a serious look on her face.)

DENICE - Now Mona... check this out...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The AKAs get back to TRACEY's room. They have picked up AISHA from the Omega Psi Phi house.

TRACEY - Just drink it and shut up!

AISHA - I hate coffee!

TRACEY - Yeah well too bad! You shouldnt've got drunk and tried to show your entire ass! What the hell is the matter with you!

(TRACEY pulls out her keys and opens the door.)

HOLLY - Trace, maybe you're going a little harsh on her. She said she was sorry.

TRACEY - Sorry? Sorry my ass! What if something would've happened to you Ish? What then?

AISHA - Nothing happened! This after taste is horrible!

TRACEY - Drink it!

(TRACEY opens the door and they walk in.)

TRACEY - I should beat your ass for having me come and get you from some frat house! Do you realize the situation that you placed yourself in?

(She slams the door.)

AISHA - I don't know what else you want me to say Tracey! I mean you've already screamed at me and embarrased me! What more do you want?

TRACEY - I embarrased you? What the heck do you think you did to me? Hey Trace...

(TRACEY is imitating a guy's voice.)

TRACEY - ...come get your drunk ass sister! How does that make me feel! How the hell does that make me look! How does that make us look!

AISHA - Us?

TRACEY - Us!

(TRACEY points to her letters across the t shirt that she is wearing.)

AISHA - This aint got nothing to do with AKA! What the heck are you talking about?

TRACEY- Yes it does! People don't see you as Aisha... they see you as Tracey's sister! That AKA's sister! Ooooh look at the AKA's little sister, she be actin' a fool! Ooooh look at the AKA's sister... she gettin' drunk! Ooooh look a the AKA's sister... she's falling all over her damn self!

AISHA - Shut up Tracey that shit is ridiculous!

HOLLY thinks - Tracey is going way overboard with this.

HOLLY - Trace just calm down alright? Take it easy.

TRACEY - No I will not take it easy! This isn't your sister it's mine so leave me the hell alone!

HOLLY - What!

RENEE - Okay hold on everybody, hold on.

(Everybody turns to RENEE.)

RENEE - Now look, I've been quiet this whole time and before this gets out of hand, let me say a few words.

(Everyone gets quiet. TRACEY is still pissed.)

RENEE - We all realize that Ish made a mistake okay? But the thing is to learn something from it and move on. If you yell and scream, nothing gets accomplished because all you do is turn her away. Now Ish I know you already know how dangerous that situation could have become.

AISHA - Yeah, I know.

RENEE - And I know you know how dangerous it is to drink excessively. So we don't have to beat a dead horse and drive this point into the ground.

AISHA - Thank you!

RENEE - But at the same time, its easy to say those things now. Easy to say I'm sorry now. We're all standing around and you're feeling mad guilty. But what are you gonna do the next time you're in a party and they got drinks? Will you think about this conversation and chill or what?

(silence)

(AISHA seems to be thinking about her answer.)

AISHA - I tell you what I won't do... I won't stand here and get interrogated like some alcoholic! I appreciate yall's concern and thanks for coming to get me. But I'm fine so if yall could just leave me alone now, life will go back to normal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHMAD and SETH knock on the front door of the Sigma frat house.

AHMAD - What's goin' on here at the house?

SETH - I don't know. I think bros are just chillin' out.

(CALVIN opens the door.)

CALVIN - Hey, wassup Blue!

AHMAD - Hey man.

SETH - Wassup bro.

CALVIN - Come on in. We're just hangin' out.

SETH - Cool.

AHMAD - Yall got some drinks?

CALVIN - Yeah, Hayden just brought some in. Go check the kitchen.

AHMAD - Cool.

(AHMAD goes into the kitchen.)

SETH - Grab me one!

AHMAD - Aight!

CALVIN - So what's goin' on with yall?

SETH - Nothin' man. Ahmad had to go to a dinner with his girl. It was for her company. But she tried to play him and so he bounced. So he just wanted to come hang out with frat to vent.

CALVIN - She played him? How?

(HAYDEN comes into the room.)

HAYDEN - What's up Seth.

SETH - Hey Hayden, wassup Blue.

(They shake hands as AHMAD comes back into the room with two Heinkekens.)

AHMAD - Hayden! How you been bruh?

HAYDEN - Cool frat.

CALVIN - So what happened with you and Shareesa man damn?

(AHMAD looks at SETH as he hands him a bottle.)

AHMAD - Damn man, you just puttin' my business out aint ya?

SETH - My bad.

CALVIN - Well its out now so what's up?

AHMAD - Damn man, I thought I'd come over here so that I wouldn't have to talk about it!

CALVIN - Too late. Spill it.

HAYDEN - Man, if the brother don't wanna talk, he aint gotta talk.

AHMAD - It's cool man. It's like whatever. I went with my girl to this dinner that her job was having.

SETH - Yeah and she just played my man!

AHMAD - Can I tell the story? Damn.

SETH - My bad.

AHMAD - So anyway, it just seems like she's ashamed of the fact that I am still in school. She lied to her co workers and told them that I work at Ahpla instead of telling them that I'm a student. What kind of shit is that?

HAYDEN - Damn!

CALVIN - So what did you do?

AHMAD - I didn't cause a scene or anything. I kindly excused myself and walked out.

CALVIN - You walked out? Without a word?

AHMAD - Shareesa followed me out. I told her ass to grow up and I bounced home in a cab.

HAYDEN - Damn!

CALVIN - I would've punched her in the face!

(Eveyone laughs.)

SETH - Man shut up!

(There is a knock on the door.)

CALVIN - Uh oh, it's probably Shareesa stalkin' you dude!

(Everyone laughs again.)

AHMAD - Aw man, whatever!

(AHMAD gets up to get the door.)

SETH - Hey Maad, holla if you need us. I know how crazy those stalkers can be.

AHMAD - Okay I'll scream if I need back up.

(AHMAD laughs as he opens the door.)

AHMAD - Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Oh my God!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zeta Phi Beta sorors ASHLEY and SHARONDA are on the phone.

ASHLEY - I hear ya.

SHARONDA - I mean, I'm excited about her eagerness to do this. Not because she's my cousin, but moreso because she's a good person. Ya know?

ASHLEY - I know. I understand. The proud cousin.

(They both laugh.)

SHARONDA - I would just love to see her over here. I know the damn AKAs want her too. Because of her mom. And Mona caused so much shit, I know they want Miya because she aint as dramatic as Mona.

MIYA - That is some bullshit! Bullshit!

DENICE - Miya shut up, I'm tired of you cutting me off!

MIYA - Sorry... just tryin' to help. Hee hee.

ASHLEY - Hey, you aint gotta convince me sis. I'm with you. Now Leah may need a bit more convincing.

SHARONDA - Oh yeah?

ASHLEY - She's right here.

SHARONDA - Really? Put her on the phone.

ASHLEY - Well before I do that, let me ask you something Rhonda.

SHARONDA - Wassup?

(ASHLEY pauses.)

ASHLEY - What do you think about having one big line. Ahpla and Amgis. Instead of two at different times of the semester.

SHARONDA - Huh?

ASHLEY - If we combined the lines.

SHARONDA - One big line?

ASHLEY - Yeah. Like frat did! Like if yall had four and we had four, then it would be eight. Instead of four and four.

SHARONDA - Oh I see what you mean. Like with Miri and Brandong.

ASHLEY - Right! What you think?

SHARONDA - I mean, I guess we can talk about it. I guess.

ASHLEY - You don't sound too confident about it.

SHARONDA - No it isn't that. I'm just thinking about it. And the possible problems with it.

ASHLEY - What problems? It would be real smooth. What kind of problems?

SHARONDA - Which school would their dean come from?

(silence)

SHARONDA - See, I see problems already soror! LOL!!!

ASHLEY - Okay okay I got nuts and bolts to work out. But I will.

SHARONDA - Yeah, uh get back to me!

ASHLEY - Oh hush!

(ASHLEY laughs.)

ASHLEY - Hold on. Leah, phone.

(ASHLEY hands LEAH the phone. LEAH hands ASHLEY some papers.)

LEAH - Hey.

SHARONDA - Wassup girl?

LEAH - Now what's this craziness about your cousin coming out for the sorority?

SHARONDA - Why it gotta be craziness?

LEAH - For one thing, the girl is in high school. How about that?

SHARONDA - Rules state that you have to have a certain amount of credits to be eligible. She has been taking college credit accelerated courses ever since her junior year. The girl is about to be ranked a college sophomore.

LEAH - A sophomore?

SHARONDA - Yep! Miya is the bomb! I'm tryin' to tell ya.

LEAH - But what about her maturity level? I mean, it takes more than enough credits to pledge an organization. You know that.

SHARONDA - And that's why I am suggesting Miya. I'm trying to tell you that the girl is the bomb. In more ways than one. And the fact that she's young is good. She can be molded into a great soror and a good person to model future sorors after.

MIYA thinks - That's right Denice! Tell her ass off! Blood aint thinking than Zeta! Fuck that! I can't wait til I become a Zeta because I'm gonna crank shit up on this campus! This chapter won't be the same after Miya Ferguson gets up in it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AISHA turns to walk out of TRACEY's apartment.

AISHA - so if yall could just leave me alone now, life will go back to normal.

(AISHA turns to walk away.)

TRACEY - Naw hold up!

RENEE - Trace, let her go.

(AISHA opens the door and walks out.)

RENEE - Its okay Tracey. She'll be alright.

TRACEY - What you let her leave for? She aint no baby and yall shouldn't baby her! I've been carrying that girl ever since we were little and she needs to grow up and become responsible for herself!

HOLLY - But how can she do that when you're so overbearing.

TRACEY - What? Overbearing? If I wasn't the way that I was, the phone call I got from the Ques would've been a lot worse!

HOLLY - You don't know that. She may be rebelling against you and how you treat her.

TRACEY - That's bull and its a cop out.

(TRACEY sits down and folds her arms.)

HOLLY - Calm down Trace. Like Renee said, Aisha is gonna be alright.

RENEE - Actually I'm glad she's gone because one thing you said concerned me and I wanna talk to you about it. You too Holly.

TRACEY - What?

RENEE - You said that Aisha getting blasted puts a bad light on AKA.

TRACEY - It does!

RENEE - I disagree. Her getting drunk puts a bad light on her. But she's not wearing the colors or the letters. She doesn't sing the hymm with us nor attend meetings with us. She's not an AKA Tracey.

TRACEY - I know she's not and the way she acted tonight, I don't know if I even still want her to be. But that doesn't mean that people don't see her as my sister and see me as a soror.

HOLLY - It isn't that deep and you know it.

TRACEY - Whatever! If yall don't think that people look at us a certain way, then yall are sadly mistaken.

RENEE - I think you're right. People do look at us a certain way. That is very true. But they look at us. Not our kin. Not our sisters and brothers.

HOLLY - And also, I thought you were a little harsh. You didn't have to yell the way you did.

(TRACEY is silent.)

HOLLY - I mean, all that hollering and carrying on. What did that solve? Like Nay said, there's no reason to get that excited about stuff.

TRACEY - What the heck are you talking about? As much as you cling to drama and get all hype in people's business? What are you saying? You the last person that need to be talki...

HOLLY - Naw hold up hold up. I may find out the deal, but you won't ever see me getting all emotional, yellin' and gettin' all bent out of shape.

TRACEY - What! Oh whatever!

HOLLY - Naw, I'm serious. When do you ever see me getting all upset and emotional?

RENEE - Girl please!

TRACEY - Negro please!

AISHA thinks - Girl please!

(AISHA is crouching out the outside of the door listening.)

HOLLY - Look, like I said... I may spread a little gossip here and there, but you don't ever see me...

(HOLLY's cell phone rings.)

HOLLY - ... you don't ever see me getting all bent out of shape.

(She checks her cell phone display.)

HOLLY - Oh hey PJ wassup.

(silence)

HOLLY - Uh huh.

(silence)

HOLLY - Uh huh.

(silence)

HOLLY - What!

(silence)

HOLLY - What! You are lying!

RENEE - What?

HOLLY - Oh shit!

(TRACEY sits up.)

TRACEY - What?

HOLLY - What! What! Oh my goodness! Oh my gosh!

RENEE - Holly what is going on!

HOLLY - Okay! Okay! No hell no it aint over! No PJ no!

(RENEE looks at TRACEY who shrugs.)

HOLLY - No I aint stayin' here!

(silence)

HOLLY - So why did you call me and tell me!

RENEE - Holly!

HOLLY - Hell no! I'll be there in thirty minutes!

(HOLLY hangs up.)

RENEE - What happ...

HOLLY - PJ got into a fight and got busted up! We gotta go we gotta go!

(HOLLY jumps up.)

RENEE - What? A fight? With who?

HOLLY - Some bitch! Come on let's go!

(She starts to race out.)

TRACEY - I thought you didn't get emotional!

HOLLY - Shut up!

(HOLLY swings the door open and runs out as she is putting her coat on. She hits the hallway floor hard though as she falls over AISHA who is still crouching by the door listening.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(AHMAD opens the door and screams loudly. The other brothers jump. CALVIN thinks that AHMAD is joking.)

SETH - What the hell!

AHMAD - Oh my God!

(AHMAD slaps hands with someone at the door so hard that the sound of the slap sounds off. He then pulls MIRI inside the house and they embrace.)

AHMAD - What's up man!

MIRI - What's up frat! Blue phi!

SETH - Oh shit!

CALVIN - Miri!

HAYDEN - Oh my God! Welcome back home!

(The brothers jump to their feet and rush MIRI. They almost knock him over from hugging him. He hugs them all individually. GINA is behind MIRI and she walks into the house.)

AHMAD - Oh Gina! I didn't even see yo...oh my gosh... who is this!

(GINA smiles.)

GINA - This is our son... Migiri Bakhan.

No comments: