Monday, February 11, 2008

Episode 8

GWENDOLYN is walking across campus with CAMILLE. They are both walking to class.

GWENDOLYN - So what did she say?
CAMILLE - I don't really know. Tia was being real secretive about it. Then she just left.

GWENDOLYN - Wow. I would've loved to be a fly on the wall for some of Breanna's conversations.

CAMILLE - You? You know I'm dying to know!
GWENDOLYN - Yeah but you got a big mouth Camille. That's why people don't tell you anything.

CAMILLE - What! No I don't!

GWENDOLYN - Oh yeah? Well who told Phil about his surprise party?

(CAMILLE smiles but doesn't answer.)

GWENDOLYN - And who was the one who let the cat out the bag about...

CAMILLE - Okay okay. I get the point.

(They both laugh.)

CAMILLE - What are you doing after class?
GWENDOLYN - I need to go to the library but this class always makes me so sleepy!

CAMILLE - Boring professor?
GWENDOLYN - Boring is an understatement!

(CAMILLE laughs.)

CAMILLE - I hate teachers that don't hold my attention! I totally agree with you on that point!

GWENDOLYN - Yeah.

(GWENDOLYN sees someone approaching them with a Phi Beta Sigma jacket on.)

GWENDOLYN - Hey, that guy is in my class. I think.

(CAMILLE looks.)

CAMILLE - Oh that's Cal.

GWENDOLYN - You know him?

CAMILLE - Not really but I know his name. Everyone knows him. The white Sigma.

GWENDOLYN - Well that's obvious.

(They laugh as CALVIN approaches.)

CALVIN - Hi, aren't you in my intro to political theory class?
GWENDOLYN - The one we're almost late for now?

(CALVIN laughs.)

CALVIN - He won't even realize. As slow and dense as he is, he won't even notice if we snuck in right in front of him! Hi I'm Calvin.

GWENDOLYN - I'm Gwen. And this is my soror Camille.

CAMILLE - Hey Calvin.

(As they walk, CALVIN quickly jumps in between GWENDOLYN and CAMILLE.)

CAMILLE - What are you doing?

CALVIN - Between every Delta is a Sigma!

CAMILLE - Oh gosh! Ha ha ha.

(They all laugh as they walk up the steps.)

CAMILLE - Aight Gwen, I'll catch you after tonight.

GWENDOLYN - Okay see ya then.

CAMILLE - Nice meeting you Calvin.

CALVIN - Same here Camille.

(CAMILLE walks down the hall. GWEN and CALVIN turn toward their classroom.)

GWENDOLYN - So you ready for the quiz today?
CALVIN- Quiz? What quiz?
GWENDOLYN - We have a test today.

CALVIN - No we don't!

GWENDOLYN - Yes we do. It's Tuesday.

CALVIN - Oh shit! Are you serious?

GWENDOLYN - Yeah.

(GWEN starts to laugh.)

CALVIN - Oh shit Gwen, you gotta help me!

GWENDOLYN - Help you? How? You don't even sit next to me! What do you want me to do?

(They both stop at the entrance to the class that has already started. GWEN peeks into the room and then back at CALVIN.)

GWENDOLYN - What in the world do you want me to do Calvin?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iota Phi Theta pledgees MARK and DWAYNE are in the Omega House hiding behind the couch.

CENTAUR MARK - Stay down!

(The door opens and they hear RONNIE's voice.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Damn!

CENTAUR MARK - Shhhhhhhh!

RONNIE - Girl you better quit trippin!

(RONNIE comes inside and closes the door.)

TRINA - I ain't trippin! I'm serious! Hee hee.

RONNIE - I'm gonna get something to drink. Hey wait...

(RONNIE looks at the open glass case.)

RONNIE - Why is this case open? That's weird.

(RONNIE walks over and closes the door of the case and locks it.)

RONNIE - Can't leave this open! Ha ha ha ha! The chapter founders would kill us if the Sta-Que got out. Sheesh! All their names are on it! Well anyway, go ahead and sit down. I'll be right back. You want something to drink?

(RONNIE turns back to hear the answer as he walks toward the kitchen.)

TRINA - No, I don't want anything to drink...

(TRINA starts to unbutton her shirt.)

TRINA - But come back quick...

(She lays on the couch with her shirt and legs open.)

TRINA - ...and come quinch my thirst.

(TRINA smiles and RONNIE laughs.)

RONNIE - Nasty girl! I love it!

(RONNIE starts barking as TRINA drapes her arm over the couch. Her hand is right about MARK's head. He ducks down lower and looks at DWAYNE who closes his eyes.)

RONNIE - I'll be right back!

(RONNIE quickly goes into the kitchen.)

CENTAUR MARK thinks - They're gonna find us! I know they are!

(Something hits MARK in the head and it startles him. He grabs it. It's TRINA's bra.)

CENTAUR MARK thinks - Oh shit!

(He shows it to DWAYNE who rolls his eyes. MARK carefully puts it in his pocket.)

RONNIE - I'm back babe! You ready?

TRINA - Ha ha ha ha ha! Ready as ever! Boy where are your clothes!

RONNIE - I threw them off in the kitchen! Ha ha ha ha!

TRINA - Good! You won't be needin' em! Come here to mamma!

CENTAUR DWAYNE thinks - Oh God!

(TRINA's panties fall behind the couch right between MARK and DWAYNE. They look at each other and MARK tries to contain his laughter. He grabs them and puts them in his other pocket. DWAYNE gives him a look as if to tell him to stop but he cannot say anything for fear of being heard.)

RONNIE - You ready for big daddy huh? You ready?
TRINA - Give it to me big daddy!

(There is a moment of silence and MARK and DWAYNE look at each other with absolute stillness.)

CENTAUR MARK thinks - What happened?

(All of a sudden the couch starts moving back and forth furiously banging MARK and DWAYNE against the wall.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CALVIN walks out of class and waits for GWENDOLYN in the hallway.

CALVIN thinks - Oh here she comes now.

(GWENDOLYN walks out holding her books and her bag over her shoulder.)

CALVIN - Gwen, I just had to thank you for hooking me up the way you did. If it wasn't for you I definitely would've failed the test.

GWENDOLYN - No problem Calvin. Glad I could help. Don't be so forgetful from now on.

CALVIN - I won't. But I really appreciate you for this. Really I do!

GWENDOLYN - I think you'd do the same for me.

CALVIN - You're right, I would've.

GWENDOLYN - So it's no big deal then.

CALVIN - But you risked a lot by doing that. I mean, you took the test so fast and then passed it back to me so I could copy your answers! That was brilliant.

GWENDOLYN - All in a day's work Calvin.

CALVIN - That was more than a day's work. Trust.

(They walk outside.)

GWENDOLYN - Well like I said, you seem like you'd do it for me.

CALVIN - I would and now I owe you.

GWENDOLYN - You don't owe me Calvin.

CALVIN - Naw, I do owe you. What are you getting ready to do right now?

GWENDOLYN - I was gonna go to the library to organize these notes. I was sleepy in class so I know I missed a few things he said from the chapter so thought I'd go through the book myself and get it.

CALVIN - Let me make a deal with you.

GWENDOLYN - I'm listening.

CALVIN - You can use my notes. I took good notes today if you let me pay you back for the exam.

(GWENDOLYN smiles.)

GWENDOLYN - I told you you don't owe me anything.

CALVIN - I know I know. But I want to pay you back. Have you eaten?

GWENDOLYN thinks - Oh Lord!

GWENDOLYN - Calvin that is real nice of you but you...

CALVIN - No, what was real nice was the way you put your own neck on the line for me. You're the sweet one.

GWENDOLYN - Well thank you.

CALVIN - So let me take you out to eat Gwen.

(GWENDOLYN stares at CALVIN, then looks up at the clock tower.)

CALVIN - You said you don't have anything to do right now right?

GWENDOLYN - Well no, I guess I don't.

CALVIN - So why can't we go to the caf?
GWENDOLYN - The caf? Rule number one, if you plan on taking me out, don't suggest somewhere where you can use your meal plan.

(CALVIN laughs real loud.)

CALVIN - Okay okay you got me. Tell ya what.

(CALVIN looks at his watch and then back at GWEN.)

CALVIN - We got time to catch happy hour at Pharoahs. They got great buffalo wings right now. Me and my frat brothers go all the time.

GWENDOLYN - Buffalo wings?

(GWEN looks at CALVIN like he is crazy.)

CALVIN - You too good for wings?

(GWEN laughs.)

GWENDOLYN - Of course not. I can break a wing with the best of em.

CALVIN - Well let's go then. I got my car in the parking lot behind Callis.

(silence)

CALVIN - So is it a date?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ladies of Sigma Gamma Rho sorority, JENNIFER and ROSALIND are driving off campus.

JENNIFER - Why the heck are we doing this again.

ROSALIND - You know exactly why we are doing this. Why do you keep asking me?
JENNIFER - Because I gotta keep convincing myself that this is the right thing to do I guess.

ROSALIND - You know this is a necessary evil.

JENNIFER - Yeah.

(silence)

(JENNIFER sighs.)

ROSALIND - Look, if you want to turn around...

JENNIFER - Naw, come on.

(ROSALIND continues to drive.)

JENNIFER - I mean this is Andy's fault.

ROSALIND - I know Jenn.

JENNIFER - I mean what kind of trip is she on?
ROSALIND - I don't know Jenn.

JENNIFER - I mean what about...

ROSALIND - Jenn. Please.

(JENNIFER turns away and looks out the window.)

JENNIFER - Sorry.

(ROSALIND turns the radio up.)

JENNIFER - And you haven't told Paula or Candace right?
ROSALIND - No. Candace was on some big date.

JENNIFER - Date? Candace?
ROSALIND - Yeah. Go figure.

JENNIFER - And Paula?
ROSALIND - I left her a message.

JENNIFER - And she didn't call you back?

ROSALIND - No. My cell phone hasn't chirped at all.

JENNIFER - Hmmmmm.

(silence)

ROSALIND - Jennifer don't feel bad about this.

JENNIFER - I know I shouldnt.

(JENNIFER turns around, then faces front again.)

JENNIFER - I know Ros.

(silence)

(They continue to drive with the radio rather loud.)

JENNIFER - How much furth...

ROSALIND - Shhhhhhh!

(ROSALIND looks in her rear view mirror. She sees AURORA ALEXIS in the back seat who is blind folded and singing a pledge song. ALEXIS has her ears covered as well. ROSALIND turns the music up.)

ROSALIND whispers - It isn't much farther now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Centaur pledgees of Iota Phi Theta are hiding behind the couch in the Omega frat house. Omega man RONNIE and his girlfriend TRINA are making out on the same couch.

(There is a moment of silence and MARK and DWAYNE look at each other with absolute stillness.)

CENTAUR MARK thinks - What happened?

(All of a sudden the couch starts moving and banging MARK and DWAYNE against the wall.)

CENTAUR MARK thinks - Oh shit!

TRINA - Oh Ronnie! Oh Ronnie baby!

(The couch is banging both MARK and DWAYNE against the wall. They are both trying to remain quiet and MARK is trying to hold in his laugh.)

RONNIE - Oh Trina!

TRINA - Oh shit! Oh baby!

RONNIE - What's my name! What's my name!

TRINA - Big Bonecrusher! Give it to me!

RONNIE - Who's is it?

(DWAYNE covers his ear.)

RONNIE - Who's is it!

TRINA - Give it to me baby!

(RONNIE starts barking as they all hear a knock on the door.)

TRINA - Oh shit! Somebody's coming!
RONNIE - Yeah! Me!

TRINA - No stop! Someone is at the door!

RONNIE - Huh?
TRINA - Ronnie, someone is at the door!

(RONNIE stops and TRINA pushes him off of her. She scrambles up and grabs her clothes and dashes toward the stairs.)

TRINA - I'll be in your room baby.

RONNIE - Damn!

(RONNIE quickly runs into the kitchen and grabs his pants. He answers the door. It's DRE.)

DRE - Man where is your damn cousin Nasim! I let him hold my key to the house and I aint seen him!

RONNIE - Ha ha ha ha, oh. He met some freshman girl on campus so he is chillin' in the dorm. I'll get the key back for ya bruh.

DRE - Yeah man, here I am trying to do him a favor she he won't get locked out and...

(DRE stops as he walks into the living room.)

DRE - What is that smell?
RONNIE - What smell?

(DRE looks around the room.)

DRE - Nigga, what were you just in here doing?
RONNIE - Nothing!

(DRE stares at RONNIE and RONNIE starts smiling.)

DRE - You freak! Spray this room man! Damn!

RONNIE - Ha ha ha ha! Aight man, I'll come back down and do it. I got some business to finish with upstairs.

DRE - Uh huh. I can imagine. Well I'll be in my room locked away so I don't hear you two animals. Ha ha ha!

(They both go upstairs. DWAYNE slowly peeks from behind the couch.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE whispers - Come on!

(They hop from behind the couch. DWAYNE heads for the front door but MARK heads for the glass case.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE whispers - What are you doing?

CENTAUR MARK - I came to get this statue or sta-que thing or whatever and I aint leavin' without it!

(MARK unlatches the case and grabs the statue. They both run out the front door.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Let's get the hell up out of here!

(They both run for at least ten blocks. They stop from exhaustion, put the statue down and rest on a tree.)

CENTAUR MARK - We did it. We got this stupid thing! I hope Sean is happy!

CENTAUR DWAYNE - I know he will be. I know he will.

CENTUAR MARK - Regardless, the point is, mission accomplished!

CENTAUR DWAYNE - I know that's right!

(They slap each other high fives as a familiar Mercedes Benz drives by...slows down...stops...and backs up. Both MARK and DWAYNE look on speechless as tjhe window rolls down.)

COLIN - You two...get in. Now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROSALIND pulls up and turns her car off. She looks all around before she gets out of the car.

ROSALIND whispers - Stay here Jenn. Let me make sure we're alone out here.

JENNIFER - Okay.

(ROSALIND gets out of the car and walks around. JENNIFER turns to AURORA ALEXIS who is in the back seat.)

JENNIFER - Aurora.

(AURORA ALEXIS doesn't answer because she cannot hear. JENNIFER taps her on the leg.)

JENNIFER - Hey.

AURORA ALEXIS - Yes Big Sister J Rho.

JENNIFER - How you feelin'?

AURORA ALEXIS - Just sleepy big sister.

JENNIFER - I know. Just stay strong okay. You're close to the end now.

AURORA ALEXIS - Okay big sister.

(JENNIFER looks out the window for ROSALIND. She doesn't see her. She then notices that ROSALIND left her cell phone in the car.)

JENNIFER thinks - Ros' dumb ass.

(JENNIFER picks up ROSALIND's cell phone and notices that it is turned off.)

JENNIFER thinks - I wonder why her phone is off.

(She sees ROSALIND approaching the car so she gets out.)

ROSALIND - It's cool. The coast is clear.

JENNIFER - Okay good. Hey listen. Your phone is turned off. Did you know that?
ROSALIND - It is?

(ROSALIND takes it.)

ROSALIND - Damn! See I dropped it and I think I broke it. Because it'll be on and then I look down at it and it will be off and then back on again.

(ROSALIND presses the power button to turn the phone on. She waits for the phone to turn on.)

ROSALIND - Not having a phone is like falling off the face of the earth nowadays.

JENNIFER - I know that's right.

ROSALIND - How's Alexis?
JENNIFER - Probably dozing off.

(ROSALIND laughs.)

ROSALIND - Aint that the truth. Oh look, I got a few messages. Let me check and see if...

(The phone turns itself off.)

ROSALIND - Dammit! See what I mean? I gotta call Sprint tomorrow. I can't even keep it on long enough to check my messages.

(She tries to turn it on again.)

ROSALIND - I had a few messages.

JENNIFER - Well can't you call your voice mail to check them?
ROSALIND - Yeah.

JENNIFER - Well here. Use mine.

ROSALIND - Oh cool. Thanks.

(ROSALIND takes JENNIFER's phone and dials her voice mail.)

ROSALIND - Damn I've got thirteen messages! This stupid phone!

JENNIFER - Wow.

MESSAGE #1 - Hey Ros this is Frances. Rehearsal is at eight o'clock, not seven. See ya there.

MESSAGE #2 - Rosalind this is Paula. Where the hell are yall? We need to hook up because you know we got shit to do with Alexis.

MESSAGE #3 - Ros, call me back. This is Paula again. I don't know where you guys are and I need to hook up with yall asap!

MESSAGE #4 - Yo this is Paula. Call me.

MESSAGE # 5 - Hi Rosalind it's your mother. Just calling to say hello. Give me a call back.

MESSAGE #6 - Rosalind this is Paula. I got your message and I'm on my way to where yall are. I called Candace too.

MESSAGE #7 - This is Paula. I wanted to see if you left yet. Why are you not answering your phone!

ROSALIND - Okay, all the messages are from Paula!

(ROSALIND hangs the phone up.)

JENNIFER - Really?
ROSALIND - Yeah and she sounds pissed! But at least she did get my message and she's on her way here.

JENNIFER - Well that's good.

ROSALIND - Well look, let's get Alexis out and set her up. So when Ros and Candace get here, we can be ready.

JENNIFER - Okay.

(JENNIFER looks around as ROS opens the car door. There is no one in sight.)

ROSALIND - Come on Aurora. Wake up. Time to go.

(She helps the blindfolded ALEXIS out of the car.)

ROSALIND - Okay just follow me. Hold my arm.

(They begin to walk and see someone approaching in the distance.)

JENNIFER - Oh good, Paula is here.

(They walk toward PAULA who is quickly walking toward them from her car.)

ROSALIND - Hey, that's not Paula's car.

(JENNIFER looks closer.)

ROSALIND - That's Andy!

No comments: