Monday, February 11, 2008

Episode 6

The brothers of Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity are voting on their party, the Kappa Kool Out. They ar deciding whether Kappa brother MIKE and BEN will dress up as pledgees to add excitement to the party.

MIKE - I think it's a good idea.

BEN - I don't.

MIKE - Why not?

BEN - I don't know about you Mike but I didn't enjoy pledging. I hate to be reminded of it and I don't want to go back on line.

MIKE - Well depending on your process...

(MIKE smiles sarcastically.)

MIKE - ...I mean, nobody...likes...

(MIKE uses his fingers to indicate quotation marks.)

MIKE - ...their process. But those of us who have pledged right don't mind a revisit every now and again. If nothing else, it strengthens your love for Phi Nu Pi. Know what I'm sayin'?

BEN - No I don't know what you're sayin'. I don't have to memorize greetings or have these niggas yellin' at me for me to have love for the frat. And I pledged right, so what you sayin'?

(MIKE murmurs under his breath.)

BEN - Excuse me?

ERIC - Bros! Yo bros! Chill out.

(BEN looks at MIKE strangely and MIKE shrugs at him innocently.)

ERIC - Let's vote on this thing. Obviously we got a lot of mixed reactions to Mike's idea. Since this isn't a formal meeting with minutes or anything, a show of hands will do. How many of yall think that Ben and Mike should dress up like Scrollers and run through the party? They would be serving us drinks and stuff and doing greetings and shit. Face paint, boots, the whole nine yards. So who thinks it's a good idea?

BEN - I sure don't!

ERIC - A show of hands please? All those who think it's a good idea, raise your hand.

(MIKE, GREGG, and ERIC raise their hands. BEN looks at ERIC funny.)

ERIC - What? I think it's a good idea! Ha ha ha ha ha!
MIKE - Looks like you're outnumbered Ben, three to two.

JAY - Oh well Ben, I had your back Nupe.

BEN - Wait a minute, I think that...

(There is a knock on the door.)

ERIC - Hold on, shhhh.

(ERIC opens the door.)

ERIC - Oh, what's up frat?
PHIL - What's up E. You Nupes.

BEN - Good! Phil can vote too can't he?
PHIL - Vote on what? Sorry I'm late guys.

ERIC - No problem, you're right on time.

PHIL - What's the deal?

ERIC - Okay, we're talkin' about the Kool Out and Mike had an idea. He thinks that he and Ben should dress up like Scrollers and come through. They could serve the bros, do greetings, whatever.

PHIL - Scrollers? Why?
MIKE - That would be hot! Think about it. Have you ever been to a party and a pledgee run through? If it's intense, it's hot.

GREGG - Nigga how would you know? You just crossed!

(Everyone laughs.)

MIKE - Actually I saw it though, when I was in high school. Of course I didn't know what the hell is was back then, but that was one of the defining moments for me wanting to be a Nupe.

ERIC - Well here's the deal Phil. Mike suggested it for himeself and for Ben and Ben thinks it's a bad idea.

BEN - I think it's a stupid idea and I don't want to do it.

PHIL - So that's what the vote is about?
BEN - Yeah and my ass almost lost before you walked in. With you we got six bros here. And if there is a tie...

ERIC - If there's a tie we don't do it.

BEN - Right. And me and Jay say no. So what you think?
ERIC - Yeah Phil, what you think?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

MARK and DWAYNE who areCentaur pledgees of Iota Phi Theta fraternity, are walking in the middle of the night.

CENTAUR MARK - This shit is ridiculous man.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Just come on.

CENTAUR MARK - But what the hell man?

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Just come on.

CENTAUR MARK - What I'm sayin' is this. If assignments by the big brothers have to do with Iota, then fine. But shit like this aint got nothing to do with I Phi so why the hell are we doin' it?
CENTAUR DWAYNE - We're doing it because Big Brother Brown Confusion Gold Illusion told us to.

CENTAUR MARK - You know you don't have to use big brother names when it's just you and me talking.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - It's habit man. Why break it.

CENTAUR MARK - Whatever.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Like I said, Big Brother Brown Confusion Gold Illusion told us to do this shit, so we're gonna do it.

CENTAUR MARK - Oh you mean Sean?
CENTAUR DWAYNE - No, I mean Big Brother Brown Confusion Gold Illusion.

CENTAUR MARK - Whatever Dwayne. Whatever. Give me the flash light.

(DWAYNE turns on the flashlight and hands it to MARK.)

CENTAUR MARK - I didn't say turn it on! Turn it off! Turn it off!

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Oh, my bad!

(DWAYNE fumbles with it and drops it. MARK catches it and quickly turns it off.)

CENTAUR MARK - Shhhhhhhh!

(They both stand perfectly still and wait a moment.)

CENTAUR MARK - You're gonna blow this whole thing. Now keep it down.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - My fault.

CENTAUR MARK - And we don't have a lot of time either. So hurry up.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Yeah, okay.

(MARK takes a towel and covers the flashlight. Then he turns it on so the light isn't as bright.)

CENTAUR MARK - See, this is how you do it. The light isn't as noticeable now.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - I'm sorry I failed burglary one oh one.

CENTAUR MARK - Just follow me.

(They slowly step through the bushes, trying to make as little noise as possible as they approach the house.)

CENTAUR MARK - Wait here.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Where are you goin'?

CENTAUR MARK - I need to check what kind of window it is.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Oh okay.

(MARK creeps close to the house and shines the light on the window sill. After a second, he returns.)

CENTAUR MARK - Okay, give me the screwdriver.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Here ya go.

CENTAUR MARK - You're gonna have to hold me up while I do this.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - No problem. Come on.

(They approach the window again and DWAYNE hoists MARK up. MARK begins to fiddle with the window with the screwdriver.)

CENTAUR MARK - Come on...come on baby...

CENTAUR DWAYNE - You in yet?

CENTAUR MARK - ...not...yet...just a little...more...got it!

(MARK drops the screwdriver to the ground and cracks the window open.)

CENTAUR MARK - Bingo.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Good mission accomplished. Let's go.

(MARK slowly and quietly lifts the window open. He then grabs the window sill and pulls himself up. DWAYNE follows as they both enter the house.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Nice place.

CENTAUR MARK - No it isn't. Let's just find the shit and get the hell out of here.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Yeah let's get out of here.

(They both start to look around.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE - But you can't front. The Ques do have a nice frat house.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ERIC - So let's do this again. All those in favor of Mike and Ben doing the greetings and shit at the Kool Out, show by raising your hands.

(MIKE, GREGG, ERIC, and now PHIL raise their hands.)

BEN - Phil!

PHIL - What? I wanna see it. Ha ha ha ha ha.

MIKE - Cool!

BEN - Damn!

MIKE - So Ben, I'm gonna work on the greetings and email them to you aight?

(BEN doesn't answer.)

MIKE - Is that cool?
BEN - Yeah man, whatever.

(MIKE smiles.)

ERIC - Aight. Now that that's settled, what's next?

GREGG - Who's bringin' the hos?

(Everyone laughs.)

ERIC - I'm sure they'll be present and accounted for Gregg. No doubt.

JAY - You talk to the dj?
ERIC - Yeah, he's straight.

PHIL - We should have an after set.

BEN - Finally a good idea!
ERIC - Where?
JAY - We could do it at my crib.

ERIC - Your crib? It's too small.

JAY - No it isn't, it's perfect. We're not tellin' everyone at the party to come through. Just a select bunch.

GREGG - Sounds hot.

BEN - So who do we tell to come through to the after party?
JAY - Every Nupe be responsible for three hos.

ERIC - Cool, that definitely puts the ratio in our favor.

GREGG - Yeah, those are my kind of numbers.

ERIC - So Jay, you gonna clean up the crib or what?
JAY - Hell no, I'll get Maria or somebody to do it.

PHIL - Maria? Who's that?
JAY - This chick.

PHIL - Damn nigga, who aren't you fuckin'? Shit.

JAY - Your sister nigga! Can I get her number?

(Everyone laughs.)

ERIC - Aight so that sounds like a plan.

JAY - Yeah, this is gonna be off the chain.

(GREGG looks at his watch.)

GREGG - Yo Nupes, is there anything else about the party? Me and Mike gotta get back before we miss that last bus back to Ahpla.

ERIC - You straight G. Thanks for coming through.

GREGG - No problem frat.

ERIC - And thanks for the idea Mike.

BEN - Yeah, thanks a lot.

(BEN is very sarcastic but everyone laughs.)

MIKE - My pleasure my brothers.

(GREGG and MIKE get up and shake hands with all their frat brothers in the room.)

ERIC - Tell Xavier we said what's up.

GREGG - Cool man, later.

MIKE - Yo baby yo baby yo!

KAPPAS - Yo baby yo baby yo!

(MIKE throws up the sign as he and GREGG leave.)

GREGG - Damn man, we should've left like ten minutes ago. The bus is the last one going to Ahpla tonight.

MIKE - We'll make it. Come on.

(They quicken their step as they walk toward the bus stop.)

MIKE - I love that idea I came up with. What you think?
GREGG - It's cool man.

MIKE - You think it's gonna be hot?
GREGG - It's one of those hit or miss things. May be hot, may be whack. We'll see I guess.

MIKE - I think it's gonna be hot. I just gotta keep Ben motivated. Ya know?
GREGG - Yeah. But with your enthusiasm you should be able to do that.

MIKE - Yep. I will.

(As GREGG and MIKE hurry toward the bus stop, they see AHMAD of Phi Beta Sigma walking alone.)

MIKE - Oh shit, there's bitch ass Ahmad!

GREGG - Where? Where!

MIKE - Right over there, walking that way!

GREGG - Oh yeah, that's him!

MIKE - Yo, I should kick his ass! How much time we got?
GREGG - Naw hold up man, hold up.

(GREGG looks at his watch and starts to jog in the direction that AHMAD is walking.)

GREGG - Me and Ahmad need to talk!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ROBBIE and LEAH have gone to the mall to walk around.

ROBBIE - We should go in Victoria's Secret!

LEAH - Why? So I can buy a thong to put on for you or something?
ROBBIE - Hell yeah!

LEAH - Shut up stupid!

ROBBIE - Naw come on seriously. They got a sale.

LEAH - Oh you gonna buy me somethin'?

ROBBIE - Uh...yeah. Sure.

LEAH - Oh well in that case, cool. Come on Mr. Big Spender.

ROBBIE thinks - I am so stupid! I ain't got no damn money!

(They walk toward Victoria's Secret and go inside.)

ROBBIE thinks - I can use the credit card, but how the hell would I explain that to dad? Shit! I can't say I was buying something for school!

LEAH - Oooh, this is cutie. Look at this Rob.

ROBBIE - Oh yeah, uh that's real nice.
LEAH - And look, it isn't even that expensive. Just fifty five dollars.

ROBBIE thinks - Fifty five dollars! Oh hell no!

ROBBIE - Yeah, that is real nice.

LEAH - What else should I get?
ROBBIE - Else?

LEAH - I mean, it's all for you baby. For your eyes only.

ROBBIE - It better be!

(ROBBIE walks up behind LEAH and grabs her close. He kisses her on the ear.)

LEAH - You tryin' to get something started?

ROBBIE - Yeah, right here up in the mall!

LEAH - Hee hee, stop playing boy!

(ROBBIE smiles but is continually thinking about being able to afford these gifts for LEAH.)

ROBBIE thinks - How can I get out of this?

LEAH - Ooooh baby, look at this set. Ooooh this is real cutie!

ROBBIE - Uh..ha ha...yeah.

(ROBBIE turns, rubs his head and looks out into the mall.)

ROBBIE thinks - Oh shit.

ROBBIE - Baby, isn't that your ex?
LEAH - Huh?
ROBBIE - Yeah. That's Buck.

(LEAH turns around quick.)

LEAH - Where!

ROBBIE - Damn don't be pressed.

LEAH - I ain't hardly pressed. Where's he at?
ROBBIE - Over there.

(LEAH puts the clothing items down and starts to walk out of the store and in BUCK's direction.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

CENTAURS MARK and DWAYNE have just entered the Omega Psi Phi frat house through the window. They have broken in as instructed by SEAN to take something from the house.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Nice place.

CENTAUR MARK - No it isn't. Let's just find the shit and get the hell out of here.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Yeah let's get out of here.

(They both start to look around.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE - But you can't front. The Ques do have a nice frat house. Nobody at Amgis got any shit like this.

CENTAUR MARK - Shut up man! Come on!

(DWAYNE smiles as they start to look through the house.)

CENTAUR MARK - Sean said it should be in the living room. Right up front.

CENTAUR DWAYNE -Who?
CENTAUR MARK - Sean.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Who?

(MARK rolls his eyes at DWAYNE.)

CENTAUR MARK - Nigga! Big Brother Confused Illusion! That's who!

CENTAUR DWAYNE - It's Big Brother Brown Confu...

CENTAUR MARK - I know what his name is Dwayne. Shit. Oh look, there it is!

(MARK points at a glass case in the living room with a statue inside of it.)

CENTAUR MARK - That has to be it. It's in a case like Sean said.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Let's get a closer look.

(They walk into the living room and look into the glass casing.)

CENTAUR MARK - Wow, it really is nice.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - And look, there's the signatures like Big Brother said.

CENTAUR MARK - We need to get something like this for our chapter. Something that can be passed on like this.

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Well who better to start something than us? We can start building a tradition right now.

CENTAUR MARK - No doubt! Ha ha ha ha!

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Well come on let's get it so we can get out of here.

CENTAUR MARK - Right.

(MARK goes to open the case as DWAYNE pulls out a big bag that he has been carrying in his back pocket.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE - What do ya think they're gonna do with this statue thing?
CENTAUR MARK - I don't know. I think it's all in fun. Once we cross, I guess we'll find out. Maybe this is like an every year thing. They try to steal something from us, we try to take something from the Ques. Ya know?

(They hear a key in the front door.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Oh shit! Somebody's coming!

CENTAUR MARK - I thought you checked all of their schedules! I thought none of them would be here!
CENTAUR DWAYNE - I did! Come on, we gotta hide!

(They both look around and quickly duck behind the sofa. There is barely enough room for the two of them as they get close to the floor.)

CENTAUR MARK - Stay down!

(The door opens and they hear RONNIE's voice.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Damn!

CENTAUR MARK - Shhhhh!

RONNIE - Girl, you better quit trippin'!

(RONNIE comes inside and closes the door.)

TRINA - I ain't trippin'. I'm serious. Hee hee.

RONNIE - I'm gonna get something to drink. Hey wait...

(RONNIE looks at the open glass case.)

RONNIE - Why is the case open? That's weird.

(RONNIE walks over and closes the door of the case and locks it.)

RONNIE - Can't leave this open! Ha ha ha ha! The chapter founders would kill us if the Sta-Que got out. Sheesh! All their names are on it! Well anyway, go ahead and sit down. I'll be right back? You want something to drink?

(RONNIE turns back to hear the answer as he walks toward the kitchen.)

TRINA - No, I don't want anything to drink...

(TRINA starts to unbutton her shirt.)

TRINA - But come back quick...

(She lays on the couch with her shirt and legs open.)

TRINA - ...and come quinch my thirst.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

BUCK has just introduced his girlfriend JUNE to MARCUS and RASHIM. He then turns to GINGER.

BUCK - This is Marcus and Rashim...

(BUCK points to the guys once again.)

BUCK - ...fellas, this is Ginger.

RASHIM thinks - Damn, she is fine!

GINGER - Hi guys.

MARCUS - Nice to meet you.

RASHIM - Yeah. Hello.

RASHIM thinks - Damn! She looks good as shit!

MARCUS - Well Buck, we were actually on our way out. So we will talk to you later okay?

BUCK - Yeah. Come here for a second guys.

MARCUS - Sure.

BUCK - June I'll be right back.

(JUNE doesn't pay attention as her and GINGER are talking to one another.)

BUCK - Let me holler at you two for a minute.

RASHIM - Sure.

(They step aside.)

BUCK - Let me tell you two something. You better learn a little something about discretion. Don't come up to me in the middle of the mall talking about yall met me at an interest meeting. What kind of shit is that? Did you know my girl is an AKA?

RASHIM - I don't think I knew that...um...

BUCK - Well she is. And you know how much women talk. So you basically just told her that yall want to be Omegas. So what is she now gonna do? She's gonna probably blab this all over Amgis as well as Ahpla where she's from. Your damn business all over the yard.

MARCUS - I'm sor...

BUCK - Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Just straighten the hell up.

(BUCK sees LEAH walking toward him with ROBBIE behind.)

BUCK thinks - Oh God!

BUCK - Now get out of here. I'll holla later.

MARCUS - We're sor...

BUCK - I said stop feelin' sorry for yourself. Now get out of here.

(MARCUS and RASHIM quickly turn and walk away. BUCK waits for LEAH to approach. Their eyes are locked into one another's and they stare each other down as she walks up.)

LEAH - Buck.

BUCK - Wassup Leah.

LEAH - How are you?
BUCK - Cool. You?

LEAH - Well.

(silence)

ROBBIE - What's up man.

BUCK - What's up Rob. How you dog?
ROBBIE - Cool man. Hanging out. You know.

BUCK - Yeah.

LEAH - You aren't really the mall type Buck. I'm kinda surprised to see you here.

BUCK - Yeah well I uh...

LEAH - You never went to the mall with me.

BUCK - Never really had a reason.

(BUCK smirks at LEAH's comment.)

BUCK - But now...

(JUNE bounces from behind BUCK. She grabs BUCK's arm excitedly and jumps up and down. she doesn't even notice LEAH and ROBBIE standing there.)

JUNE - Oh baby! I love it! I love it! It is so perfect!

(silence)

BUCK - June, this is Robbie. He's your frat.

JUNE - Oh hi frat!

ROBBIE - Hi soror!

(JUNE is smiling real big as he and ROBBIE hug each other.)

BUCK - And June...this is Leah. Leah this is my...fiancee...June.

JUNE thinks - Leah? Your ex Leah?

LEAH thinks - Fiancee!

JUNE - Hi Leah. Nice to meet you.

LEAH - Likewise.

(JUNE sticks out her left hand to shake LEAH's hand. LEAH can't help but notice the diamond resting on JUNE's finger.)

LEAH - Wow...nice diamond.

JUNE - Yes thank you! And my baby picked it out all by himself!

(JUNE hugs BUCK as he forces a laugh.)

BUCK - Naw, I can't take the credit. If it wasn't for Ginger here, I wouldn't even know where to start with diamonds and stuff like that?
ROBBIE thinks - Oh my God Ginger is gorgeous!

JUNE - Yes! I have Ginger to thank too!

(JUNE turns around and smiles at GINGER who is behind the counter dusting off some diamonds.)

JUNE - Thank you girl!

(JUNE waves her new engagment ring at GINGER.)

GINGER - No problem sweetie! Wear it well!

No comments: