Monday, February 11, 2008

Episode 35

The Omega party is ending. Almost everyone has been ushered out of the house... almost everyone.

FRANK thinks - Great! Leave me with vomit girl!

(FRANK tries to clean off her face.)

AISHA - Fraaaank... Fraaaaank...

(silence)

AISHA - Fraaank...

FRANK - What Aisha?

(AISHA looks up at him and smiles.)

AISHA - Make love to me! Please!

FRANK - What?

(AISHA loses her smile and looks FRANK dead in the eye.)

AISHA - I wanna have sex with you! Now!

FRANK thinks - Oh shit!

(FRANK looks behind him. The bathroom door is open. He doesn't hear anyone nearby or in the hall.)

FRANK thinks - Shit!

AISHA - Come... on Frrrrran... come.... on!

(FRANK turns around again and listens carefully to see if anyone is around.)

FRANK thinks - Aint this a bitch!

(He uses his leg to close the bathroom door.)

AISHA - Oooh, my stomach hurts...

FRANK - That's okay... this will all be over real soon!

(FRANK starts to pull AISHA's shirt over her heard. AISHA smiles.)

AISHA - Yeaaaaaaaaaah...

KENNY - Yeaaaaaaaaah.

CLARENCE - Are you sure?

KENNY - Yes I'm sure.

CLARENCE - Do one more sweep.

KENNY - Bruh, I did! Twice already, there is nobody here but us bruhs.

CLARENCE - Do... one... more... sweep!

KENNY - Fuck!

CLARENCE - Don't start complaining! This is all you guy's fault!

(KENNY starts to walk toward the kitchen.)

KENNY - What about Frank? You aint got him doin' shit! Why you on my case?

CLARENCE - Don't worry bout Frank! I got him busy with something important!

(CLARENCE picks up the phone.)

CLARENCE - Me and Frank both!

(He dials.)

RENEE - Hello?

CLARENCE - Tracey? Hey this is Clarence.

RENEE - No this is Nay. Hey Clarence.

CLARENCE - Oh I'm sorry girl. Is Tracey there?

RENEE - Yeah, hold on.

(RENEE hands the phone to TRACEY.)

RENEE - Its Clarence.

TRACEY - Hello?

CLARENCE - Hey Tracey, its Clarence.

TRACEY - Hey.

CLARENCE - Listen, your sister is here in the frat house. She had a little... actually a lot too much to drink. Its not cute. So can you come by and get her? I'm about to go upstairs and see if I can get her walkable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHAREESA lies by telling her co-workers that AHMAD works at Ahpla University.

PHILLIP - So Ahmad... what do you do?

AHMAD - Oh, I'm a student.

(silence)

SHAREESA - Uh... activities director. He's the student activities director. For Ahpla University. That's how we met. At an alumni luncheon.

AHMAD thinks - What!

(AHMAD shoots SHAREESA a glance. She purposely doesn't look at him, instead she keeps her eyes on PHIL and grabs her glass of water.)

PHILLIP - Oh! My brother in law does that same thing for Purdue University.

RENEE - Yeah, my brother.

AHMAD - How... nice.

PHILLIP - Do you like it over there? Jake is thinking about leaving Indiana.

RENEE - Yeah. He didn't go to school there in Indiana, so I think he is contemplating leaving Purdue. Job getting on his nerves.

AHMAD - I know how he feels. Ahpla people...

(He looks over at SHAREESA.)

AHMAD - ... get on my nerves too. If yall will excuse me...

(AHMAD stands up.)

PHILLIP - Sure man.

SHAREESA - Uh... I'll be right back too!

(AHMAD has turned and started to walk toward the exit. SHAREESA follows after him. She doesn't want to run to catch him and draw attention to herself so she catches him outside.)

SHAREESA - Ahmad! Ahmad wait!

(He doesn't turn around. He walks out the front door. She follows.)

SHAREESA - Ahmad! Where are you going?

AHMAD - What difference does it make!

SHAREESA - Ahmad I'm sorry... I didn't... I didn't know what to say.

AHMAD - What to say? Why don't you tell them the truth! That you're ashamed of the fact that I don't have an executive job like you or your friends!

SHAREESA - It isn't that! It isn't that at all!

AHMAD - Then what is it?

SHAREESA - I just didn't know what they would think if they knew that I wasn't with someone on their career level. I'm not ashamed of you though, you're a great guy and I like you a lot. That's why I'm with you.

AHMAD - No, you're with me because I'm tall and cute and a good trophy piece. I look great on your arm for all your corporate friends, but don't let them find out that I'm a lowly college student.

SHAREESA - Ahmad...

AHMAD - Shareesa, let this lowly college student give you some advice.

(He looks her directly in the eye.)

AHMAD - You really need to grow up.

(AHMAD turns around and raises his hand to hail a cab.)

KIM - I think Ahmad is way too young for Shareesa. She already graduated from college. I mean, what the hell is he trying to prove?

SETH - What?

KIM - Why are they in a relationship? Its ridiculous.

SETH - Whoa whoa whoa, where did this come from? What you mean its ridiculous? Shareesa is mad cool.

KIM - Shareesa is mad old.

(SETH laughs.)

SETH - Okay you are trippin'.

KIM - I'm serious. Some people are unevenly paired and those two are like night and day. They don't have anything in common.

SETH - So this is the reason you got an attitude? Because you think Ahmad's girl is too old for him?

(SETH laughs.)

SETH - Why do you even care?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FRANK pulls AISHA's shirt over her head.

AISHA - Oooooooh yeah!

FRANK - Sit right here Aisha.

(FRANK makes her sit on the side of the sink. He leans her head against the wall.)

FRANK - Wait right here okay?

(He takes her shirt to the tub and turns the water on. He starts to wash her shirt out. She has vomit all over it.)

FRANK thinks - I can't believe she got this twisted in this short bit of time! And why the hell am I the one cleaning her ass up!

(FRANK washes her shirt through the running water.)

FRANK thinks - I don't wanna hear shit from Clarence either! He on that bullshit but I don't see him up here gettting spit up all over his fuckin' hands!

AISHA - Fraaaaaank...

(AISHA comes behind FRANK who is bending over into the tub. She wraps her arms around him.)

FRANK - Aisha, I told you to wait right here okay?

(He takes her arms off of him and turns around. He props her back up on the sink.)

FRANK - Wait right here okay? This will be over real soon.

AISHA - I don't feeeeeel too.... oh God...

(She quickly grabs her mouth and rushes to the toilet. She starts to spit up again.)

FRANK - Damn girl, how much you drink?

(He turns away. He grabs a towel and runs some hot water on it.)

FRANK - Here, wipe your mouth with this.

(She takes it.)

FRANK - You feel better now that you got that out?

AISHA - Uhhhhhh... I'm so sick...

FRANK - I know.

AISHA - What the hell... do yall put in that punch...

FRANK - Um... alcohol.

AISHA - Well...

(She looks up at FRANK.)

AISHA - ... how much did I drink?

TRACEY - How much did she drink?

CLARENCE - I have no idea, but trust that I'm not happy that she threw up on me!

TRACEY - This so isnt like her!

(silence)

TRACEY - Thanks for the call Clarence. I'll be right there.

(TRACEY slams the phone down.)

TRACEY - Damn!

RENEE - What happend?

TRACEY - Aisha got drunk in the Que house and I gotta go pick her up now!

RENEE - What!

TRACEY - Yeah! Damn girl! She makes me sick! Can you go with me?

RENEE - Let me see if June wants to go.

(RENEE goes into the other room. JUNE has been hanging out with the Amgis sorors because she doesn't want to speak or see BUCK right now.)

RENEE - Hey girl, Tracey's sister got sick in the party so we're gonna go pick her up. You wanna ride with us?

JUNE - Back to the Que house? Oh no! That's the last place I wanna be! I aint takin' Buck's calls and I definitely don't want to see him! If he asks you, yall haven't seen me! I need to calm down first!

RENEE - Okay fine.

(JUNE's cell phone rings. She picks it up and looks at the display. She sends it to voice mail.)

JUNE - See, its him again. He can get used to talkin' to my voice mail because he won't be hearing my real voice for a minute!

TRACEY - I hear ya.

RENEE - Well we'll be back. Stay as long as you need to.

JUNE - Thanks!

(RENEE and TRACEY quickly leave.)

(silence)

(JUNE changes the channel. Her phone rings again. She looks at the display and doesn't recognize the number.)

JUNE thinks - Who is this?

(She answers.)

JUNE - Hello?

GINGER - Hi June, this is Ginger. I just wanted to call and talk to you because Buck told me that you're pissed off and girl, you really don't need to be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ladies of Sigma Gamma Rho sorority are meeting.

JENNIFER - I call this meeting to order right now!

PAULA - You can't call this to order silly. This isn't an official meeting.

JENNIFER - Oh. Well then pass me the plate of wings then. Stop trippin'.

(Everyone laughs as JENNIFER gets a couple of buffalo wings off the plate on the table.)

ANGELIQUE - But seriously though, let's start. I'm sure Ros will be here in a minute.

PAULA - Okay. Who wants to start.

JENNIFER - I'll start because I'm probably the one most pissed. See, first of all, I'm not with a person power trippin'. What's that about? The fact that I misplaced my handbook, I mean granted. That was bad on my part.

ANGELIQUE - Yeah. Real bad.

(JENNIFER shoots her a glance, then continues.)

JENNIFER - Like I admitted, that was bad on my part and I accept full responsibility for that. Andy goes off on me, and I took it. Whatever.

PAULA - Uh huh.

JENNIFER - But for her to roll up on me in public like that... I'm in line at the Que party, another organization's event. And she comes up on me talking some shit about my letters that I pledged hard for and why I got em on? She lucky I didn't go upside her head!

PAULA - Whatever Jenn! You aint beatin' nobody up!

JENNIFER - I'm just sayin'!

(They all laugh. There is knock on the door.)

ANGELIQUE - That's probably either Ros or Candace.

PAULA - Cool.

(ANGELIQUE goes to open the door.)

PAULA - Is Alexis coming?

JENNIFER - I don' know. I think she is still working something out with her man and that whole arguement that they were having.

PAULA - What arguement?

JENNIFER - Some silliness about Matt making line for Alpha.

PAULA - Matt? The baseball player?

JENNIFER - Yeah. I'll tell ya later.

ROSALIND - Hey ladies.

PAULA - Hey girl. You hungry?

(Everyone laughs because they know ROSALIND is a vegetarian. She has a strict diet because of her dancing.)

ROSALIND - Girl shut up! Ha ha ha ha! No thanks! Yall can have all that!

JENNIFER - Suit yourself! More for me!

(ROSALIND sits down.)

ROSALIND - I don't see how yall can eat that stuff. Don't you know it had parents?

JENNIFER - Let me show you how I can eat it.

(JENNIFER playfully picks up a wing, dips it in blue cheese sauce, and take a big bite out of it. She then speaks while chewing.)

JENNIFER - See... thats how... you do it!

(Everyone laughs.)

ROSALND - Silly!

ANGELIQUE - So anyway, you were talking Jenn.

JENNIFER - Oh yeah.

(She wipes her mouth and swallows.)

JENNIFER - So as I was saying. Yes we elected her as our chapter leader...

(She makes the quotation mark sign with her fingers.)

JENNIFER - ...but that doesn't give you the right to question whether or not I can wear my letters! That is some power trip shit!

(silence)

JENNIFER - I worked hard for these letters and I love this sorority! Yes I made a mistake! People make mistakes! But I'll be damned if I aint got love for my founders and this sorority!

ANGELIQUE - Calm down Jennie.

(JENNIFER is getting emotional.)

JENNIFER - Naw hold up, cuz it seems like Andy got some personal beef with me. And if that's the case, then cool! Address me with it! But don't try to call me out in public! Don't act like I aint got love for Sigma!

PAULA - We hear you Jenn. We just need to know all the facts so we can know what to do about it.

ROSALIND - Well how can we hear all the facts if Andy isn't here to defend herself.

JENNIFER - Because her ass wasn't invited! That's why! We can't even talk around her!

ROSALIND - But if we don't include her in this, I mean, how can we make any kind of decisions?

PAULA - We're not here to make a decion or vote or anything like that. We just need to talk and get a few things out in the open. So we wanted to hear one side, and then hear the other.

ROSALIND - Oh okay.

JENNIFER - That's the best way to handle this for now at least. No interruptions, and no arguing. Ya know?

ROSALIND - Yeah, I hear ya.

(There is a knock on the door.)

JENNIFER - Oh that must be Candace. I'll get it.

(JENNIFER gets up to get the door.)

JENNIFER thinks - I don't care what they say, I want to vote her ass out! This shit don't make no sense and if she got some personal thing against me, then we can go that route too!

(JENNIFER opens the door.)

ANDY - Well well well... gang's all here huh?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SETH and KIM are discussing AHMAD's relationship with SHAREESA.

SETH - I mean, what difference does it make to you?

(KIM sighs and turns to walk into the bathroom. She closes the door behind her. SETH laughs as he changes the channel and turns the dvd player on.)

SETH thinks - What she care who a nigga is with? Shareesa's fine, she got loot and a hot car. I wish I was that nigga cuz that nigga is chillin'!

SETH - Hey, what you wanna watch!

KIM - I told you I don't care.

SETH - Huh?

(KIM comes out of the bathroom washing her hands.)

KIM - I don't care Seth, whatever you pick.

SETH - You're just not yourself today huh?

KIM - Aint nothin' wrong with me.

SETH - Yes there is. Why are you so trippin' off Ahmad and Shareesa? Bottom line is, she is fine as hell, she got loot, she got him. Case closed.

KIM - What? What does all that stupidness mean? What about love? What about compatability? What about friendship? You're the dumb one because none of that stuff matters. All that stuff blows away like the wind.

SETH - I mean, they got all that too.

KIM - Yeah. Mmmmmm hmmmmmm.

SETH - What you sayin' they don't? How do you know?

KIM - How do you know they do?

SETH - I aint the one in here bringing all this up. Plus he tells me. I see how happy he is around her.

(silence)

SETH - If I didn't know better, I would think you was on a nigga.

KIM - You are so lame.

(KIM rolls her eyes.)

SETH - So let's watch Ali.

KIM - Whatever.

(SETH gets up and grabs the dvd. He is opening the case and putting it into the player. KIM looks around AHMAD's apartment. She sees a picture of him with his family. Next to it there is a picture of SHAREESA.)

KIM thinks - He is so blind!

KIM - Damn, do yall have to have so much para in your rooms? Geesh! This looks like a Greek shop or something!

SETH - Oh please! When you first crossed, look at how much stuff you had!

KIM - The difference is, those were all gifts. I didn't go out and buy all that stuff. I'm a lot more subtle with mine then you fools! Ha ha ha ha.

SETH - Whatever! I can't get enough blue! That's all.

KIM - Yeah, your boy either.

(He sits back down.)

SETH - Yeah, this is a good movie. I loved it.

KIM - Uh huh.

SETH - You know if it wasn't for Wil, I would've married Jada right?

KIM - Yeah Seth. Sure.

(He laughs as the movie begins.)

(silence)

(silence)

KIM - Hey, let me ask you something.

SETH - Wassup?

(She pauses before she asks.)

KIM - Do you think this is really it for Ahmad? I mean, how much does he really like Shareesa? I mean really.

(SETH looks at her and pauses the movie.)

SETH - Okay hold it. What's the deal Kim? Why are you so concerned and asking so much? What? I'm tellin' you, that nigga is secure and happy with Shareesa!

(A key turns in the door and AHMAD walks in.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANDY - Looks like I'm right on time!

JENNIFER thinks - Oh shit!

(Everyone notices ANDY coming into the room.)

PAULA thinks - Oh shit!

ANGELIQUE thinks - Oh shit!

ROSALIND thinks - Oh shoot!

ANDY - What's up sorors?

(ANDY grabs a wing and sits down.)

PAULA - Uh... hey Andy.

ANDY - Why everyone look so surprised? You didn't think yall could orchestrate a secret meeting about... me... and not have... me... find out about it did yall?

(silence)

ANDY - Come on. Give me more credit than that.

(She starts to eat the chicken.)

PAULA - Its not about having a secret meeting Andy. Obviously there's some real tension in the chapter and we want to get to the bottom of it and dead it. We want to hear both sides. We thought it was best to hear one side, and then come to you and get your side.

ANDY - That's cool.

ANGELIQUE - You know how emotions can get high. We don't want any of that going on.

ANDY - I see. Well tell ya what. Why don't yall just continue like I'm not here. I won't say a word. I won't interject, interrupt or nothing. I'll just sit here and eat my chicken.

ROSALIND - Well that's silly. How are we gonna be able to talk with you sitting right here? That throws the whole thing off.

JENNIFER - Well personally I think its fine! What I got to say to Andy I can say right in her face! I aint gotta hide or nuthin'! Forget all the formalities! Let's get to it!

PAULA - Are you sure Jenn?

JENNIFER - Hell yeah I'm sure!

ANGELIQUE - But see, already you gettin' emotional.

JENNIFER - Bump all that! Let's just get to it! Shit!

ANDY - Fine! Let the girl say what she's gotta say!

(ANDY turns in her chair to face JENNIFER.)

ANDY - Go ahead! Say what's on your mind!

JENNIFER - First of all, this attitude that you come up in here with is some...

(JENNIFER's cell phone rings.)

JENNIFER - ...is some bull crap! Because...

(She looks at the display.)

JENNIFER thinks - Malcolm?

JENNIFER - Hold on sorors.

(She takes her phone off her hip.)

JENNIFER - Hello?

MALCOLM - Jennifer this is Malcolm.

JENNIFER - Hey, I'm right in the midle of something. Can I call you back?

MALCOLM - Well um... no. I just needed to let you know... um...

(silence)

JENNIFER - What?

MALCOLM - Something real bad happened to Dwayne.

JENNIFER - What! What happened!

MALCOLM - Um...

(He pauses.)

MALCOLM - I think you might wanna just come over to my place.

(CLICK)

(She hangs up and almost drops her phone.)

JENNIFER - Sorors! I gotta go!

(She starts to rush out. ANDY grabs her arm as she is passing.)

ANDY - Wait a minute! Where the hell do you think you're going! Sit down so we can finish this now!

No comments: