Monday, February 11, 2008

Episode 27

The brothers of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity have arrived at ERIC's place and have found him unconscious. They are trying to wake him up.

(BEN jumps on the bed.)

BEN - Eric! Eric!

MIKE - Yo! Call an ambulance!

JAY - Yeah! Call a doctor!

(JAY goes to the other side of the bed.)

JAY - E man! Eric! What the fuck!

(MIKE dials for an ambulance as the front door opens again.)

DELL - Hello? Yo frat, is everything okay with Eric?

JAY - No! He's unconscious!

(DELL runs in.)

DELL - Come on! Let's get him to a hospital!

BEN - I'm calling an ambulance now!

DELL - Forget that! They'll take too long! Let's take him in my car!

JAY - In your car?

DELL - Yeah! Yeah! Come on! Pick him up carefully!

MIKE - How we gonna walk out the front door with him?

DELL - Is there a freight elevator in the back! I'll meet you guys there! Hurry up!

(DELL runs out the door. Everyone is surprised but starts to move quickly.)

JAY - I'll get him off the bed! One of you guys go hold the elevator!

(BEN runs out the door toward the elevator. PHIL goes with him.)

JAY - Come on nigga!

(JAY starts to pick up ERIC off the bed. AKINA is standing next to him. She is crying but trying to help.)

JAY - Come on! Let's go!

(He starts to carry ERIC down the hall over his shoulder.)

AKINA - Please be alright baby! Please be alright!

(JAY gets to the elevator as fast as he can. BEN and PHIL have it waiting. They get down to the back freight entrance and DELL is waiting in his car. He has his back seat open to place ERIC in. He helps the brothers carry him in.)

JAY - Okay let's go!

(AKINA gets in the back with ERIC as does JAY. DELL jumps in the front with BEN. They speed off.)

(silence)

BEN - Dell... thanks for... for helpin' out.

DELL - Don't thank me frat. What are brothers for.

JAY - Yeah man. Well let's just get there!

(silence)

(DELL speeds toward the hospital.)

(silence)

DELL - Don't worry bros! We'll be there in just a few minutes.

(silence)

ERIC - We'll be... we'll be where in just a... few minutes?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RENEE puts her key in her door and opens it.

RENEE thinks - I am so tired!

(She goes straight into the bathroom and washes her face. Her cell phone rings.)

RENEE thinks - Oh gosh! Bad timing!

(She quickly dries her face off and runs out to answer her phone. She missed the call.)

RENEE - Shoot!

(She looks at the display to see who called.)

RENEE thinks - Marcus.

(She dials him back.)

MARCUS - Hey, I just called you.

RENEE - Yeah, when I got to the phone you had hung up.

MARCUS - How you doin'?

RENEE - I'm fine. How are you?

MARCUS - Good. How did it go?

RENEE - Well surprisingly. She had a real bad headache so she had to leave. But we did get to talk and I apologized. She accepted my apology and was real sisterly about it.

MARCUS - Really?

RENEE - Yeah. She even apologized to me about what happened and paid for my food.

MARCUS - She paid?

RENEE - Yep. I told her that she didn't have to but she did anyway.

MARCUS - Wow. I thought she was a bitch or somethin'.

RENEE - Well that's what I heard from my sorors at Ahpla. Especially PJ. She can't stand her. But PJ tends to overexaggerate things. She blows things out of proportion a lot.

MARCUS - Oh okay. Well at least it went well.

RENEE - Yeah. Mona isn't all that bad. Not at all.

MARCUS - I'm glad its over with and it went okay.

RENEE - Me too.

MARCUS - So what are you about to get into now?

RENEE - Sleep! I'm tired.

MARCUS - I hear ya. What you doin' Friday night?

RENEE - Chapter meeting.

MARCUS - Oh. Dag.

RENEE - Why? What's goin' on?

MARCUS - Wanted to catch a movie.

RENEE - If its a late one, that's cool.

MARCUS - Oh okay. I'll check into it.

RENEE - Okay.

MARCUS - Get some rest and I'll talk to ya later.

RENEE - Okay. Bye.

(They hang up. RENEE grabs her bookbag and goes back into the bathroom.)

RENEE thinks - Let me do something with this hair before I fall asleep standing up!

(She opens her bag to grab her brush and sees a book on top.)

RENEE thinks - What's this?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERIC - We'll be... we'll be where in just a... few minutes?

AKINA - Oh my God!

(DELL swirves the car.)

AKINA - Eric!

ERIC - Yeah?

BEN - Oh shit!

(ERIC slowly starts to pick his head up from off of AKINA's lap.)

JAY - Eric? You okay man?

ERIC - Yeah, where the heck are we goin'?

JAY - To the hospital man! We couldn't wake you up for shit and we thought you were like really sick or something!

ERIC - Wake me up? When?

AKINA - You don't remember?

ERIC - No... but I'm fine. Where's my shirt?

AKINA - You were in the bed sleeping and you didn't have a shirt on.

JAY - So I carried you out just like that.

ERIC - Carried me out? Are you serious?

AKINA - My God you had me scared to death!

(AKINA is still crying.)

ERIC - Well I'm okay, I'm sorry I scared you.

AKINA - I even threw water on you and you still didn't get up!

ERIC - You did?

(ERIC notices that his chest is a little wet.)

ERIC - You threw water me?

DELL - We still need to take you to the hospital man. They need to run some tests or something. What you went through isn't normal.

ERIC - I feel fine. Just a little drowsy.

DELL - We're still going. We need to make sure that you're okay.

JAY - Yeah E. Let's just make sure.

ERIC - Okay I guess.

AKINA - Do you remember anything that happened today?

ERIC - Um...

(ERIC puts his hand on his head as if he has a headache.)

ERIC - I remember just wanting to go to sleep... becuase my head was hurting.

AKINA - You remember Jessica coming over to your room?

ERIC - Jessica?

AKINA - Yeah. I saw her leaving your room and at that point, you wouldn't wake up.

(silence)

ERIC - I don't remember.

DELL - Okay, we're here. Let's get him inside.

BEN - You need help walking?

ERIC - No, I'm okay.

(They all get out of the car. ERIC grabs AKINA's hand.)

ERIC - Are you okay?

AKINA - I'm so nervous. You scared me half to death.

ERIC - I feel better though. My head isn't hurting as bad. I just feel a little sleepy.

AKINA - Well at least you're awake now.

(They enter the hospital and DELL starts to talk to the lady behind the desk.)

DELL - Eric, come over here for a second. You got your student id on you?

BEN - I grabbed his wallet. Here ya go.

ERIC - Thanks man.

(ERIC turns to AKINA.)

ERIC - I gotta go take these tests or whatever.

AKINA - I'll be out here waiting for you.

ERIC - Okay. Don't worry, I'm fine.

(ERIC smiles as he walks away.)

JAY - You okay?

AKINA - I'm about to be.

(AKINA wipes her face off and walks into a corner alone. She pulls out her cell phone and dials.)

(silence)

JESSICA - Hello?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zeta Phi Beta sorors ASHLEY, LEAH, and KIM are all in LEAH's room. ASHLEY and KIM are waiting for LEAH to get dressed to go to the big game.

ASHLEY - Leah will you come on! The game probably started already!

LEAH - I'm comin'! I'll be right out!

ASHLEY - What the heck is takin' you so long!

LEAH - I gotta look my best! There may be some cuties there!

KIM - You wanna look your best just in case Buck looks up from the game and sees you! Ha ha ha!

(ASHLEY gives KIM a stern look.)

ASHLEY - Kim, you know that aint cool.

(KIM innocently shrugs.)

KIM - What? You thunk it!

(ASHLEY rolls her eyes.)

ASHLEY - Leah, we about to leave you girl.

(LEAH comes out.)

LEAH - Alright already! Sheesh what's the hurry?

KIM - What's the hurry? This is only the biggest game of the year! Dag girl!

LEAH - Game shmame whatever. You know yall aint concerned with no game. Yall just wanna know where the after party is!

(They all laugh as they walk out the door and go downstairs to the lobby of the dorm.)

LEAH - Hey, where is everybody? Its like a ghost town down here.

ASHLEY - Duuuuh! They're in the game that we're late for!

LEAH - Okay! Okay!

KIM - Come on, let's just get there!

LEAH - Oooh, there's a shuttle bus up to campus about to pull off right now! Come on!

(The three run and the bus stops for them. They get on laughing at how they almost missed it.)

ASHLEY - This is the last time I wait for you Leah!

LEAH - Why are you always complainin' about somethin'?

ASHLEY - Because yall keep givin' me reason to! Crazy chicks!

(They all laugh as they sit down.)

ASHLEY - By the time we get there, it'll be half time! We may miss the band performin'.

LEAH - Oh hush up already!

ASHLEY - What if we can't get a seat when we get there? Its probably packed.

KIM - Don't worry. I called my brother and frat got some seats reserved for us.

LEAH - Smart move! Sigma seating! I love it!

ANDY - Should be called Phi seating instead.

(ASHLEY, LEAH and KIM turn around after hearing ANDY's comment from behind them.)

KIM - What did you say?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RENEE opens her book bag to get her brush and finds a book inside of her bag.

RENEE thinks - What's this?

(She pulls the book out and looks at the cover.)

RENEE thinks - Sigma Gamma... what in the world?

(RENEE tries to remember how the book could've possibly gotten into her bag.)

RENEE thinks - How the heck did this get in here? I haven't run into any of them in a while. That's real weird.

(She walks out of the bathroom holding the book.)

RENEE thinks - This is real weird. Oh well.

(She places the book down and picks up the phone. She dials.)

HOLLY - Hello!

RENEE - Why are you screaming?

HOLLY - Because I'm at the game! Where are you?

RENEE - Game? What game?

HOLLY - Huh?

RENEE - What! Game!

HOLLY - The basketball game stupid! We're kickin' Ahpla's butt! Why aren't you here!

RENEE - Oh shit! I forgot about that! What's the score!

HOLLY - Huh!

RENEE - Never mind! Hey! Do you have Jennifer's number?

HOLLY - Speak up! I can't hear you!

RENEE - Do you have Jennifer's number!

HOLLY - Jenniffer?

RENEE - Yeah!

HOLLY - Yeah, I think so! Hold on!

(RENEE can hear the crowd cheering in the background.)

HOLLY - You ready!

RENEE - Yeah! Go head!

HOLLY - Two! Seven! Eight! Four! Four! One! Six!

RENEE - Thanks! Go Amgis!

HOLLY - Yeah! Bye!

(HOLLY quickly hangs up and RENEE laughs. She waits a second and dials JENNIFER.)

JENNIFER - Hello?

RENEE - Hey Jennifer?

JENNIFER - Yes.

RENEE - Hi this is Renee.

JENNIFER - Oh hi Renee, how are you?

RENEE - Fine and you?

JENNIFER - Good. Good.

RENEE - Listen, I seem to have something of yours'. Somehow your sorority handbook wound up in my possession. I have it right here.

JENNIFER - You do! Oh thank you Jesus!

RENEE - Yeah, don't ask me how I got it. But you can pick it up if you want. And don't worry, I didn't open it.

(JENNIFER laughs.)

JENNIFER - Girl you don't know how you have saved my life! You're home now?

RENEE - Yeah. I stay in The Dove. Room nine fourteen.

JENNIFER - Girl I'll be right there! Thank you so much!

RENEE - No problem Jennifer.

(They hang up.)

RENEE thinks - I hope she gets here before I fall asleep! I'm exhausted.

(She goes back into the bathroom and starts to brush her hair. She wraps it and ties it up. She then starts to brush her teeth and there is a knock on the door.)

RENEE thinks - Wow, that was quick! Good, now I can get some sleep!

(She spits out and rinses her mouth out. There is another knock.)

RENEE - Be right there!

(RENEE comes out of the bathroom wiping her mouth. She grabs the book and goes to the door. She opens the door.)

RENEE - Paula? What are you doing here?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Zetas are headed to the big Amgis / Ahpla basketball championship.

ASHLEY - What if we can't get a seat when we get there? Its probably packed.

KIM - Don't worry. I called my brother and frat got some seats reserved for us.

LEAH - Smart move! Sigma seating! I love it!

ANDY - Should be called Phi seating instead.

(ASHLEY, LEAH and KIM turn around after hearing ANDY's comment from behind them.)

KIM - What did you say?

(ANDY turns her head and whispers under her breath.)

ANDY whispers - Damn Phi Betas. Don't know what they wanna be called.

KIM - Excuse me!

LEAH - Speak up! You got the balls to say some shit, speak up!

(ANDY turns back and faces the Zetas.)

ANDY - You heard what I said. I'm sick and tired of yall thinkin' the Phi Betas should be called Sigmas! Sigmas are women and we wear blue and gold thank you very much!

(ASHLEY starts to laugh.)

ASHLEY - Oh please! I thought this was some serious conversation! Ha ha ha ha!

KIM - No hold up, what the hell are you talkin' about? Don't get mad cuz yall wanna steal someone's name that's already taken.

ANDY - Already taken? You obviously don't know you're history.

LEAH - You obviously don't know yours! Your sorority was founded eight years after my frat. So check yourself!

ANDY - Check yourself! Your... frat...

(ANDY says the word frat very sarcastically.)

ANDY - ...called themselves Phi Betas at first.

LEAH - What?

ANDY - And why the hell do they want to be called by their last name? Everyone else, Deltas, Alphas, Omegas, we all use our first name! So what the hell is up with that?

ASHLEY - It don't matter what name our frat brothers choose to use, thats their perogative. The point is, they were founded nineteen fourteen, you were founded nineteen twenty two. Nineteen fourteen, nineteen twenty two.

ANDY - Whatever! We're Sigmas and that's that. Period, point blank.

ASHLEY - Nineteen fourteen... nineteen twenty two.

KIM - My brother is a Sigma. You're an SGRho. Don't get it twisted Andy. All of my uncles are Sigmas, my whole family is blue and white. So if anything, I'm more of a Sigma woman than you are.

ANDY - Bull! You're a Zeta, you're brother is a Phi, and your family is a bunch of Phis and Zetas.

KIM - You aint got shit to say about my family! Don't get mad because you don't have one!

ANDY - I don't need one okay? I don't need some dudes to validate me! My sorority stands alone and we don't have to be a fraternal sorority like yall! You want some brothers to make you what you are, fine! I don't need all that!

LEAH - Yo hold up hold up hold up...

ANDY - No you hold u...

LEAH - No you hold up! You keep disrespecting my sisterhood and I'm gonna...

(silence)

(LEAH notices someone outside as the bus as it pulls up on campus.)

LEAH - Hey... where the hell is Buck going?

No comments: