Monday, February 11, 2008

Episode 12

KEN and BANE walk into Pharoahs for happy hour. They sit down and order some food.

KEN - I'm surprised it isn't that crowded in here.

BANE - Yeah I know. Maybe because its early.

KEN - Yeah.

(They both look around.)

KEN - There aren't any honies up in here either.

BANE - Oh, I been noticed that. Well maybe cuz the crowd aint up in here yet.

KEN - I hope so. Shit.

BANE - Hey, isn't that Gwendolyn?
KEN - Oh yeah? Where?

(BANE nods with his head in the direction that GWENDOLYN is sitting with CALVIN.)

KEN - Hell yeah that's Gwen. What's she doin' with Calvin?
BANE - Looks like eatin' buffalo wings. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

KEN - Nigga you know what I mean.

BANE - I'm just kiddin'. I don't know, maybe they're just hanging out. Maybe they're friends.

KEN - Maybe he's hittin' it.

(They both stare, then turn back to each other.)

KEN - Naw! Ha ha ha ha!

BANE - He aint got that much game. Gwen is a cutie.

KEN - Well how do you know Calvin can't talk her out of her panties.

BANE - Negro please. If I couldn't, I know white boy can't.

KEN - Don't sleep B. Your game could use some pick up ya know.

BANE - What! Oh you just don't know my brother. I be havin' girls all over this campus feenin' for me man. You should see me walk across the yard.

KEN - Yeah...I should.

BAN - I'm serious man. All these chicks wanna get a piece of this ice cold brother here.

KEN - Uh huh.

BANE - Are you showing some disbelief my brother? Care to wager?

KEN - Wager?

BANE - I bet the next girl that comes through the door, I can get her number.

KEN - Are you serious?
BANE - As a heart attack.

KEN - Then you're on! The loser buys the food.

BANE - Bet!

(They both turn around and stare at the door and wait...and wait...and wait.)

BANE - Oh no! Hold up!

KEN - Ha ha ha ha ha! Naw man, aint no changin' now! Go get her number!
BANE - Naw dude, come on bruh. Let's do the next girl.

KEN - Nope! Nope! Ha ha ha ha ha, Mister Playboy. Go get Holly's number!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FRANK is in his girlfiriend CAMILLE's room. He is sitting on the couch and she is laying on his lap. They are watching tv.

CAMILLE - I love this show.

FRANK - Yeah, it's cool.

CAMILLE - Frank please, you don't watch Sex in the City.

FRANK - Yes I do. I'm here every week watching it with you.

CAMILLE - And every week you fall asleep.

(FRANK laughs.)

FRANK - No I don't.

CAMILLE - Okay, so what's her name?

FRANK - Who?

CAMILLE - Her. Right there.

(CAMILLE points at the screen.)

FRANK - Sarah Jessica Parker. See! There!

CAMILLE - I mean what's her name on the show.

FRANK - See that's your problem, you ask too many questions.

(FRANK laughs as CAMILLE slaps his leg.)

CAMILLE - Boy! I told you you didn't know! Now be quiet while I watch it.

FRANK - Uh huh.

(There is a knock on the door.)

CAMILLE - Dag, who could this be at this hour?

FRANK - Want me to get it?
CAMILLE - Oh yeah. But I don't want you to miss any of the show.

(CAMILLE smiles.)

FRANK - I'll ask you what...Sarah...did when I get back.

(FRANK laughs as he gets up to answer the door.)

FRANK thinks - Any break from that shit is a welcomed break!

(FRANK opens the door.)

FRANK thinks - Whoa!

RENEE - Hi Frank.

FRANK - Hey Renee, what's up girl?
RENEE - Nothing much. Is Camille in? I need to borrow a book from her.

FRANK - Sure, come on in.

(FRANK steps aside as RENEE walks in. He looks at her butt as she goes by.)

FRANK thinks - Damn, Renee is fine!

FRANK - Hey Camille, it's Renee.

CAMILLE - Oh hey girl.

RENEE - What's up.

CAMILLE - Girl you aint watchin' Sex in the City?
RENEE - Naw, I need to read that chapter that we got assigned for tomorrow. I left my book over at Tracey's.

CAMILLE - Oh okay. Hold on.

(CAMILLE gets up to get the book for RENEE.)

FRANK thinks - Damn she got an ass on her! Damn!

CAMILLE - Here ya go.

RENEE - Thanks. I can just bring it to class if you want.

CAMILLE - Yeah, that's cool. I won't need it until then.

RENEE - Okay, thanks.

CAMILLE - No problem.

FRANK - Let me walk you out so Camille here won't miss a beat of her favorite show.

(RENEE laughs.)

RENEE - Sure thing. See ya tomorrow.

CAMILLE - Okay.

(FRANK leads RENEE toward the door.)

FRANK thinks - Man, if me and Camille ever break up...it's on!

RENEE - See ya Frank.

FRANK - Aight.

(FRANK closes the door after RENEE steps out.)

FRANK thinks - Man. She's a straight up catch.

(FRANK walks back over and sits down next to CAMILLE.)

FRANK - So what's Sarah up to?

(CAMILLE turns to FRANK.)

CAMILLE - Nevermind Sarah. Why were you all up in Renee's butt like that?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KEN and BANE are in Pharoahs Happy Hour. BANE bet KEN that he could get the phone number of the next girl to walk in the front door. But after seeing who walks in, he regrets making the bet.

(They both turn around and stare at the door and wait...and wait...and wait.)

BANE - Oh no! Hold up!

KEN - Ha ha ha ha ha! Naw man, aint no changin' now! Go get her number!
BANE - Naw dude, come on bruh. Let's do the next girl.

KEN - Nope! Nope! Ha ha ha ha ha, Mister Playboy. Go get Holly's number!

BANE - She aint gonna give me her number! Holly hates me.

KEN - If you're such a player, talk your way out of it. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

BANE - You know what man, you're evil and you know it. You know that girl hates me and she talks to damn much.

KEN - You're the one doin' all the talkin' and the braggin'. Talkin' bout you can get any girl on campus. Well get her...before I order more chicken fingers. Ha ha!

BANE - Aight cool! I'll show you who runs this yard. I'll be right back.

KEN - You'll be back faster then you think.

(BANE gets up from the table and approaches HOLLY who walked in alone and is looking around.)

BANE - Hey soror.

HOLLY - Hi Bane.

BANE - What's goin' on with ya girl?

(BANE is smiling as he taps HOLLY on the arm.)

HOLLY - Nothing much. Just lookin' for somebody. I was supposed to meet one of my girls here, but I don't think she's here yet.

BANE - Oh okay. Well you wanna come sit with me and Ken while you wait?
HOLLY - Where's Ken? That's my boy.

BANE - We're sitting right over there.

(They start walking toward the table.)

HOLLY - That's cool. You know it's raining like cats and dogs outside.

BANE - Is it really? Damn, it was like drizzlin' when we came in.

HOLLY -Yeah, thank goodness I thought to bring my umbrella today.

BANE - The rain can't wash away your prettiness.

HOLLY - Huh?

(They get to the table.)

HOLLY - Hi Ken.

KEN - Hey Holly, wassup? You hungry? Bane is treating.

(BANE shoots KEN a glance as KEN smiles.)

HOLLY - Naw I'm okay. But thanks Bane.

BANE thinks - Good!
BANE - You sure? Because its all good.

HOLLY - No I'm fine thank you.

BANE - Okay.

(KEN pulls out a flier and gives it to HOLLY.)

HOLLY - What's this?
KEN - Our party. The P.I.M.P. party.

HOLLY - Oh gosh! Yall are silly...he wait a minute, I thought the Kappas had a party the same night...in the same place?

(KEN and BANE laugh.)

KEN - No, its our party.

BANE - Yeah, we got the jam.

HOLLY - I thought for certain there was a Kappa party the same day as this.

BANE - Nope. Not the nopes, just us.

(They all laugh.)

HOLLY - Stop it! Naw but seriously, what happened to the Kappa party? I got an email about it or saw a flier or something. I know I did.

KEN - Let just say its good to know people in high places.

BANE thinks - You idiot!

(BANE tries to quickly change the subject.)

BANE - Uh...uh...isn't that Gwen over there with Calvin?
HOLLY - Really! Where!

(HOLLY turns around to look and BANE gives KEN an angry glare. He motions to KEN to keep his mouth closed and KEN shrugs.)

HOLLY - You're right! That is Gwen! I wonder why she and Calvin...

(HOLLY pauses.)

HOLLY - Oh there's my girlfriend.

(HOLLY waves.)

HOLLY - Hey, thanks for keepin' me company guys. We gotta do this again sometime. Gotta go. Bye.

BANE - Wait wait, can I call you sometime?

(HOLLY answers but doesn't even turn back.)

HOLLY - Bane please!

(As HOLLY is walking, she dips toward the restroom and quickly pulls out her cell phone and dials.)

AKINA - Hello?
HOLLY - Girlfriend you will not believe what I just found out!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUCK is studying his game formations. Amgis has a big game coming up and he has to be ready.

BUCK thinks - Okay okay. Damn this is confusing.

BUCK reads - ...left slot...right turn, six down low...

BUCK thinks - Wait, that doesn't make sense. If its left slot off the break...then how can it be right turn?

(silence)

(BUCK stands up and imitates the move he is reading about.)

BUCK thinks - See, this doesn't make any sense.

(BUCK picks up his phone and dials his coach.)

COACH ROSE - Hello.

BUCK - Coach Rose, this is Buck.

COACH ROSE - Hey Buck. What can I do for ya?
BUCK - Coach, I'm trying to go over this new offense and I'm confused.

COACH ROSE - What are you confused about?
BUCK - Coach, how do you have left slot and a right turn?

COACH ROSE - Huh?

(JUNE walks in the room.)

JUNE - Baby you got a minute?

(BUCK holds up his finger.)

JUNE - Oh, I'm sorry.

BUCK - Yeah Coach, how we got a left slot and a right turn?
COACH ROSE - You don't know Buck?
BUCK - No. I thought it was a mistake. I even stood up and tried to run it myself. It doesn't make any sense.

COACH ROSE - Buck come on man. You think I'm gonna write you an offense that doesn't make any sense?
BUCK - I just thought it was a typo. I thought you meant to say left turn.

(JUNE sits next to BUCK and opens a catalog. She points to a wedding dress.)

COACH ROSE - Buck, I don't put typos in my offense. You're the captain of the squad. I'm gonna need for you to be able to read my offenses.

BUCK - Well I...

(JUNE points at the dress again. BUCK pushes the book away and stands up.)

BUCK - ...Coach, I can read...

COACH ROSE - Then why are you calling me?
BUCK - I...

COACH ROSE - Buck, if you bring the ball down court and run right slot, you right turn. Why?

BUCK - Because that's how I bring it down.

COACH ROSE - No Buck. No. It's because you're right handed.

BUCK - Because I'm...

COACH ROSE -And if Malcolm brings the ball down...

BUCK - Of course, he's left handed! So that means he can bring it down and reverse...

COACH ROSE - Right. Bye Buck.

BUCK - My fault Coach, I was just trying to...

(click)

BUCK - Yeah...uh...okay Coach.

BUCK thinks - Damn.

(BUCK sits back down at his desk and starts to read over it again.)

BUCK reads - Okay so if Malcolm comes down...

JUNE - Baby, look at this.What do you think? I kinda like this one.

(BUCK doesn't look up. He continues to read.)

JUNE - Buck sweetie, take a look at this real quick. What do you think? And what color do you think goes best? I know you said silver or something, but I really want some blue in there. That's my favorite color ya know.

BUCK - June not now okay?
JUNE - It'll only take a second baby.

BUCK - I don't have a second.

JUNE - Sure you do.

(JUNE pushes BUCK's play book aside and places her book in front of him on the desk.)

JUNE - Just take a look at...

BUCK - June! I gotta study okay! I can't look at that stuff right now!
JUNE - Study? You can look at that playbook anytime.

BUCK - No I can't, I gotta get this stuff down. You know we got a huge game in the tournament.

JUNE - Yeah but...

BUCK - June please! Okay! Please!

(JUNE picks her book up with an attitude.)

JUNE - Fine Buck. Fine.

BUCK thinks - Dammit.

(JUNE starts to walk out of the room.)

BUCK thinks - I'll fix things with her later. I aint got time right now.

(BUCK looks back down at his book. JUNE turns around and looks back at him.)

JUNE - You're just gonna go back to reading and let me walk out of here?
BUCK - June...

JUNE - Is that more important right now?

BUCK - Of course no...

JUNE - Why can't you give me five minutes? That's all I want.

BUCK - June! Not now okay!
JUNE - Why are you trippin'? This aint the NBA!

BUCK - Oh so if I was Derrick, then you'd understand! Is that it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FRANK has jut let RENEE out and is now questionned by CAMILLE.

FRANK - What?

CAMILLE - Your eyes never left her butt. The whole time she was in here.

FRANK - That's not true. No I didn't.

CAMILLE - You're gonna sit there and tell me you weren't looking at Renee's butt.

FRANK - Camille I wasn't.

CAMILLE - Okay.

(CAMILLE turns back to the television.)

(silence)

FRANK - So what is Sarah up to?
CAMILLE - Nothing much.

(silence)

FRANK - So now I get the silent treatment?

CAMILLE - Yes since you're not gonna tell me the truth, then I have nothing more to say.

FRANK - But I did tell you the truth.

CAMILLE - Yeah, and my name is Sadaam Hussein. I saw you clearly looking at her ass. You want some AKA ass? Is that is?
FRANK - What? Hell no.

CAMILLE - Yeah right. Uh huh.

FRANK - Camille don't be stupid okay? So let's say I did look at her ass. Let's just say I did. I only looked. I didn't do anything, or say anything. I wouldn't do that.

CAMILLE - That's not the point. Do you know how disrespected I feel if you're looking at another woman in my own room?

(silence)

FRANK - Look, I'm sorry. Let me make it up to ya. Come on in the bed...

CAMILLE - And why the hell do you always think that that will solve everything?

FRANK - Because it's the bomb and you love it. You know how I put it down!

CAMILLE - Whatever Frank. I'm not just some chick that you can hit up when you want me to shut up okay? I don't like feeling disrespected and that's how I feel right now. Some girl comes up in my room and my man is checking her out. And I know she noticed. So how stupid does that make me look? How stupid does that make my sorority look?
FRANK - Your sorority? What does that have to do with this? That has nothing to do with this.
CAMILLE - It has everything to do with this. Everything. Do you know how bad Delta and AKA relations are on most campuses? She's gonna go tell her girls, yeah that Delta's man was checkin' me out. You know she's gonna say that.

FRANK - That is the stupidest shit I ever heard. What the hell are you talking about? It isn't that deep.

CAMILLE - Yes it is!

FRANK - No it's not. Calm down. Niggas look at ass all day long. Come on Camille. Be for real.

CAMILLE - I am being for real and don't tell me to calm down.

FRANK - Why are you so hyper over DST? Sheesh, give it a rest.

CAMILLE - But you can be all stupid over Omega? Let your bruhs come around and you start pulling off clothes and acting like an idiot.

FRANK - You never complained before.

(FRANK laughs.)

FRANK - But on the real, you need to calm down. There's more to life then Delta Sigma Theta Camille. You need to just relax and chill out.

CAMILLE - Relax and chill out?
FRANK - Yeah, relax and chill out.

(silence)

CAMILLE - You know what? You're right.

FRANK - I know.

(FRANK lays back and puts his feet up.)

CAMILLE - I need to relax and chill. And you know what?

FRANK - What?
CAMILLE - I'm gonna start right now.

FRANK - Good. See that's what I'm talkin' about!

CAMILLE - Yep. Relax mode begins right...now. So get out!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUNE - You're just gonna go back to reading and let me walk out of here?
BUCK - June...

JUNE - Is that more important right now?

BUCK - Of course no...

JUNE - Why can't you give me five minutes? That's all I want.

BUCK - June! Not now okay!
JUNE - Why are you trippin'? This aint the NBA!

BUCK - Oh so if I was Derrick, then you'd understand! Is that it?

JUNE - I didn't say that.

BUCK - Yes you did! Because I'm not gettin' paid to play or because I'm not some big superstar ball player, my games aren't as important?

JUNE - All I want you to do is look at some pictures. What's the big deal?

BUCK - You know I got this tournament and I'm the damn capt...you know what...let me see the book! Let me see it!

(BUCK reaches for the book.)

JUNE - No Buck, I don't wanna look at it now.

BUCK - Yes you do because obviously this is damn important to look at right now! What is it that you have to show me that cannot wait!

JUNE - All I'm saying is that I wanted five minutes! I understand if you have to learn all that game stuff, but five minutes is all I asked for! And you start raising your voice!

BUCK - You know good and well this wasn't gonna be no five minute conversation June! You're looking at wedding dresses and I know how you are! This was gonna take well over an hour! And I don't have that kind of time right now! But that isn't even the point! The point is that I have something important to do and you can't respect that!

JUNE - Well this is important to me!

BUCK - That can wait!

JUNE - Says who?

(silence)

(They stare at one another. BUCK then turns and sits back down. He grabs his play book and starts to read. JUNE walks out of the room.)

BUCK thinks - I can't believe her! Damn I gotta know this stuff!

(BUCK finds the play that he left off at.)

BUCK thinks - I don't have time for this kind of stress. I need for her to support me and understand that I have important things in my life too. I mean I know this aint no career for me, but that don't mean it aint important. What the hell?
JUNE thinks - What the hell?

(JUNE plops down on the couch with her catalog. She starts to flip through it.)

JUNE thinks - Did he have to raise his voice like that? He knows I hate it when we argue.

(She looks back at BUCK's bedroom door which she pulled closed when she walked out.)

JUNE thinks - And he's not even coming out here to see if I'm okay. I mean, I don't understand what the big deal is. Okay granted, I know it would've taken more than five minutes. But what's with the attitude?
BUCK thinks - What's with the attitude? I don't care what dress she has on anyway. As long as my baby is coming down the aisle, she can have on jeans for all I care. I love her and that's all that matters. So why argue over something so silly?
JUNE thinks - This is so silly. I mean, I'm out here upset, he's in there pissed.

BUCK thinks - And how am I supposed to learn this stuff now when I'm pissed. It aint even sinkin' in now. See, now I have to take a break, which would've been perfect to look at whatever she wanted me to see. But she couldn't wait for me to finish. This is so damn silly. I hate when we fight.

JUNE thinks - I hate when we fight.

(silence)

(BUCK rubs his eyes. JUNE closes the catalog.)

BUCK thinks - I am so stupid. I yelled at my baby.

JUNE thinks - I'm acting like a child. Here I have the best man in the world and I treat him like he doesn't care about me.

(silence)

(BUCK gets up and walks to the door. As he grabs the knob and opens it, JUNE is standing there. They hug.)

BUCK - I love you.

JUNE - I love you too baby.

(silence)

BUCK - But June, I think we need to have a little talk.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOLLY is walking away from KEN and BANE and she dips toward the restroom and quickly pulls out her cell phone and dials.

AKINA - Hello?
HOLLY - Girlfriend you will not believe what I just found out!

AKINA - What?
HOLLY - First of all, guess who is up in Pharoahs all cuddled up together!
AKINA - Who! Who!

HOLLY - Gwen and Calvin!

AKINA - Who?
HOLLY - Gwen the Delta and Cavin the Sigma!

AKINA - I know Gwen, but who's Calvin and why do I care? Is she cheatin' on her man or something?

HOLLY - Calvin the white boy.

AKINA - Oh! Ooooh! Are they seeing each other?

HOLLY - I don't know but they look kinda cozy!

(They both laugh.)

HOLLY - And guess what else I found out.

AKINA - More?
HOLLY - Girl, why did the Alphas pull some shady business and move the Kappa party so they could have theirs instead?

AKINA - Huh?

HOLLY - Something happened but the flier that I'm holding for their party is for the same night as the one I got from Jay. And Ken's loud mouth talkin' bout they got people in high places or something. You know them Alphas, they talk a lot like a bunch of girls.

AKINA - Like a bunch of Hollys? Ha ha ha.

HOLLY - Yeah, like a bunch of girls. So I think they messed with the Kappa party.

(silence)

HOLLY - Hello?

AKINA - Yeah, I'm here. Let me call you right back.

HOLLY - Well...uh...

(click)

(AKINA dials.)

ERIC - Wait, wait...Jessica get off me, I gotta get my phone...it's ringing.

No comments: